Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Captain Marvel (2016) #1 Review

It's not a reboot.

It's essentially continuing from before but with certain elements carried over from Doom's Battleworld, thanks to the Molecule Man, and potentially certain things changed.

The world thinks Reed, Sue and the FF (Future Federation) are dead, but they're essentially now semi-cosmic deities who are using Franklin's powers combined with Reed's new powers (that were Doom's, that were the Beyonders + Molecule Man's) to recreate all the universes that were lost in the Incursions.

They started recreating our universe first, so what was the 616 is now the Prime Universe, and certain details may be incorrect and certain things won't have happened as it's based on Reed's knowledge and Franklin's imagination.

It's similar to Heroes Reborn, or when AF were alive again after Chaos War, really.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It's not a reboot.

It's essentially continuing from before but with certain elements carried over from Doom's Battleworld
    That's what I thought.

The rest... Hm. I didn't know about all that specifically.
    That would mean that unless Reed knows all 7 billion people on Earth, most details are incorrect...

We'll see what happens, I guess.

~ Le Messor
    "Even babies like to grab for things just beyond their reach."
    ~ Cynthia Copeland Lewis, Really important stuff my kids have taught me, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
    Eugene asking for the autograph for his sister ...himself. To me that felt out of character for someone who's been around as long as he has (101 years young). At least he didn't ask for an autograph for his daughter.
    On re-reading, part of me thinks he did that just to annoy Brand.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I like that interpretation.

My second-reading interpretation was that they're giving Carol a touch of the Mary Sue. Not enough to be truly obnoxious, but (in her own series, so... okay... kinda) she's being written as the central character of the entire MU and loved and respected by everybody.

I'm guessing Editorial are pushing for that to make her the biggest female character in the MU before the film comes out, hence Civil War 2.

I must admit that I picked up CM#1 because of AF (yes, still a geek-fan after all these decades). And, you know what, the writing team made me fall in love with CM while also really enjoying the appearance of AF -- and particularly Puck! It's brilliant characterisation and still respectful and in-keeping of the character's history. So... I am stoked that part of AF is back as part of the space programme. Good work Marvel!!