Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Captain Marvel (2016) #1 Review

Just saw this online, looks relatively recent.
    Great comments about Alpha Flight.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...w-alpha-flight

I finally read the book and I'm satisfied with Alpha Flight's involvement.

Just like Starlord, Groot and Rocket, I'm hoping the exposure this book will give to our favorite Alphans will lead to a more important role for them in the Marvel Universe.

I think using "Alpha Flight" space station was a very clever way to take the name and make it cool.

I like these characters, so the fact that they operate in space instead of Canada is fine with me.

Hopefully, they will cameo in the Captain Marvel Movie.

Wolverine and Deadpool are both Canadian but not defined by it and it doesn't need mentioning all the time. So to answer your question, no mentions of Canada or the maple leaf is ok with me. Im sure there will be some along the way.

I liked the issue. Not only am I big Flight fan but I also really like Carol Danvers...so big bonus for me. As others have stated, Im looking forward to (hopefully) seeing more members show up. Maybe Northstar and Box? Plus, I really like the idea of the team interacting with other characters they might not normally such as Guardians of the Galaxy.

I could see Marrina appearing being alien and all

As a Canadian, I always enjoyed the concept of Alpha Flight being "Canada's Superhero Team"... it put us on the Marvel map.
    That being said, I am just glad that they have found their way into a high-profile book. I have grown to love the characters more than the concept.
    Call them "Canada's Avengers", "Earth's First Defense", "Interplanetary Police Force"... it doesn't matter to me.
    I hope they stick around for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    To the Canadians here; how do you feel about the fact that Canada wasn't mentioned once in the issue, and that there were no maple-leafs displayed anywhere?
    Not a big deal to me. I'm thinking this new AF is meant to be like the Ultimate AF, and is made up of a more international group of people.

EDIT: I just saw your post regarding what Brevoort said, so... yeah.
    Last edited by Legerd; 01-21-2016 at 05:56 PM.

I think the team is still Canadian, but the space-station is international.

It just means that essentially Canada runs the planet!

As a Canadian it doesn't matter to me. They aren't being used as fodder, as idiots, and have personality. Puck notably.

I think we all just wanted the team to finally be treated with the respect they deserve. Already in just the first issue im happy with it so far.

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-super-team-in

So alpha flight was never Canada's super team in the new marvel universe?

Incorrect!
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-alpha-flights

So, whither Heather Hudson (who was Alpha Flight's leader for much of its existence)?

Canada?
    (I'm guessing the OP means "So, where is...")
    Last edited by Phil; 01-25-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Yeah I'm sure there is a team in Canada still. Just going to be a little smaller

It seems as if the team, as we've known them, have splintered off into different books.
    Puck, Aurora, & Sasquatch are heading the new version of Alpha Flight.
    Shaman & Talisman are spending time in Dr. Strange's world of magic.
    Northstar & (I presume) Jeffries are still with the X-Men in some capacity.
    If we assume the Mac & Heather are taking some time off to spend as a family (the ending of World War Wendigo would make that plausible).

We may never again see the team as it was... but hopefully the characters stick around in one form or another.

Jeffries would be much better off used on the Space Station then in X-Men limbo...

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    It seems as if the team, as we've known them, have splintered off into different books.
    Any word on Snowbird since the Secret Wars A-Force book?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    Jeffries would be much better off used on the Space Station then in X-Men limbo...
    I agree 100%.
    The Flight Forever !

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I just wrote Marvel to thank them for including Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
    Finally why is Walter transformed in situations he'd typically be human in. Is he stuck as Sasquatch? That might explain the meditating.
    Yeah, I wondered about that, too.
    Though him meditating is a real deep continuity nod there - I can't remember the last time we saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    I really like the idea of the team interacting with other characters they might not normally such as Guardians of the Galaxy.
    After reading the issue, I really wanted to see Puck and Rocket meet (which I assume they now have).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-super-team-in
    So alpha flight was never Canada's super team in the new marvel universe?
    Incorrect!
    That's good. Especially when my mind stopped turning that into 'Correct!'.
    Also, has the Secret Wars just rebooted the MU? Or is it continuing from before? Or is it a DC-style 'we don't want our readers confused, so here's a reboot. Only it isn't. Only it is. But it isn't.' reboot?

~ Le Messor
    "Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must."
    ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe