Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Captain Marvel (2016) #1 Review

I liked it, though I would like to see more members of AF in upcoming issues...

That was going to be my question, how many AF members are involved in this iteration of AF?

It hasn't been specified.

My best guess is that it's a rolling team and that the other members are currently back in Canada, protecting there.

That's based solely on the cover to #3, so I could well be wrong.

Loved the issue. You weren't kidding about Puck getting a lot of FaceTime. Was not expecting that and showed they did their research

im very excited about this series

Random question does the "K" on the weight plate represent kg? If so that's one serious lifting feat for Puck.

edit: dur it probably means thousand so since we don't know the weight unit it's between 2.72-6 tons. Not bad
    Last edited by -K-M-; 01-21-2016 at 08:13 AM.

I'd guess so.

I really enjoyed the book too. The artwork is great and the story was well paced. Loved Rocket's cameo. Now what's behind that door?

My only beefs were:

The previously mentioned mis-spelling of Jeanne-Marie's name.

Eugene asking for the autograph for his sister ...himself. To me that felt out of character for someone who's been around as long as he has (101 years young). At least he didn't ask for an autograph for his daughter.

Finally why is Walter transformed in situations he'd typically be human in. Is he stuck as Sasquatch? That might explain the meditating. Flying the spacecraft and then taking a shower while transformed just seems off to me. Though maybe he showered, dried off and then transformed back. However in a co-ed locker room, maybe he's just a shy, though Jeannie-Marie already knows what he's packing.

Overall a great introduction which can only be built on and improved.

Cheers to having our friends back in action!
    Last edited by swh_comicguy; 01-21-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Good to see Puck used well and as a hero.

Issue from what i have seen is getting good reviews which is refreshing

Yeah.
    I have seen a few grumbles though which I'll put to relevant parties here, as I'm in no position to comment -

To the Canadians here; how do you feel about the fact that Canada wasn't mentioned once in the issue, and that there were no maple-leafs displayed anywhere?

I'm Canadian and it doesn't bother me. I like the characters and not just based on the fact their Canadian. They're still Canadian. They just don't have to broadcast it constantly anymore which is fine and will appeal to a wider audience. It's like graviton is Canadian, but he doesn't go around with a maple leaf. Your nationality is only a small part of who you are a person. If your whole personality is just a stereotypes of a nation then there's more issues

im 100% on board with the change. Would like to see more then the 3 members but it's only been the first issue and the book is called "captain marvel" so we can't be to greedy

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...ion-in-captain

So the Alpha Flight space station in Captain Marvel was built by Wakanda - the name came from T'Challa's line about it being their "alpha flight" in Secret Wars #9. But as we see in Captain Marvel #1, the station is staffed by members of the unrelated Canadian super-team Alpha Flight. Did T'Challa have to give them jobs as compensation for swiping their name? Did he just think it would be funny to hire them? Or did Wakanda annex Canada, and I have to learn Wakandan now?

It’s an international operation.
    Last edited by Phil; 01-21-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Just realized; there isn't a single "Eh" in the issue.