Thread: The I'ds of March

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default The I'ds of March

I just came across this while I was travelling back to 2010:
    http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...10/#more-44673

I was pleased they brought it up!

(Okay, I wasn't really travelling in time, I was playing catch-up on Comic Book Resources. I do that.)

Apologies if this has been posted. I tried to run a search on that URL, but didn't find anything.

~ Le Messor
    "Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead."
    ~ Roger Bannister

OK I'll post the AF section below. It's a bit of misinformation because the AF members that died in NA#16 included members that were not part of the time-displaced group. The time-displaced group are: Mac, Heather, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar and Aurora. The NA#16 victims were Mac, Heather, Puck, Shaman, but also Sasquatch, Puck II (Zuzha Yu) and Major Mapleleaf, Jr. But the sentiment of "Hey, it really didn't happen!" is fine with me. But really I think the unfortunate events of NA#16, which were so poorly written and so insanely stupid, ought not even have happened in the first place anyway, so any iota of effort given to try to explain it all is wasted.

I’d Reveal That the Time Displaced Alpha Flight Died in The New Avengers’ Collective Storyline
    Or that the Time Displaced Alpha Flight (from Scott Lobdell’s Alpha Flight run) are still alive – either or.
    In either event, I’d use the gaping loophole Lobdell left for everyone at the end of that series and bring back Alpha Flight.
    You don’t even have to use them right away – just establish that they’re alive out there and if someone EVENTUALLY wants to use them, have the option be there.
    Open the door, basically.

Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Plus, they've been undone in the time since anyway, so it's a moot point.

~ Le Messor
    "Do you think it's possible to change something in humanity, not risking? If someone tries to change something and is not risking, it probably means he's not changing anything."
    ~ Leolupa Orlando. Italian Politician who put his life at great risk by attempting to obliterate the Italian Mafia.

Yeah.
    The article was from 2010 when we had no confirmation either way, and the team hadn't been resurrected.
    It's always good to see that there actually are other people out there that read Vol.3 and care though!

I didn't mind how the deaths were handled. They made more sense than the time displacement ending to Vol.3.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    It's always good to see that there actually are other people out there that read Vol.3 and care though!
    Yeah, that's why I posted it.
    Especially since it was by the guy who runs the site...
    Of course, he's read everything!

~ Le Messor
    "Death is not the master of the house, he is only the porter of the king's lodge."
    ~ John Henry Jowett

Images

P.S. I just found another reference in the 2014 I'ds:

Quote Originally Posted by Chad
    I’d bring back the mutant shaman successor from X-Man #75 in Wolverine and the X-Men (as a teacher? a student? Either way!).
    At least, I figure he means Chuck Moss. The picture is X-Man #75.

Nup, not Chuck Moss Shaman.
    X-Man's shaman successor.

Images

Oh, the successor to X-Man, who is a shaman...
    That's really confusing.

Wait... what's X-Man even doing with a successor?!?
    Last edited by Le Messor; 12-10-2015 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    OK I'll post the AF section below. It's a bit of misinformation because the AF members that died in NA#16 included members that were not part of the time-displaced group. The time-displaced group are: Mac, Heather, Puck, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar and Aurora. The NA#16 victims were Mac, Heather, Puck, Shaman, but also Sasquatch, Puck II (Zuzha Yu) and Major Mapleleaf, Jr. But the sentiment of "Hey, it really didn't happen!" is fine with me. But really I think the unfortunate events of NA#16, which were so poorly written and so insanely stupid, ought not even have happened in the first place anyway, so any iota of effort given to try to explain it all is wasted.

I’d Reveal That the Time Displaced Alpha Flight Died in The New Avengers’ Collective Storyline
    Or that the Time Displaced Alpha Flight (from Scott Lobdell’s Alpha Flight run) are still alive – either or.
    In either event, I’d use the gaping loophole Lobdell left for everyone at the end of that series and bring back Alpha Flight.
    You don’t even have to use them right away – just establish that they’re alive out there and if someone EVENTUALLY wants to use them, have the option be there.
    Open the door, basically.

I am confused... so does that mean Puck II and Major Mapleleaf are alive?

Puck survives and he races to save Puck II and they go off into their own adventures of fighting and having fun...PUCK YU: the series.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max