Thread: James Hudnall News

Default James Hudnall News

Love 'im or not, you gotta admit that Hudnall took an AF (vol 1) that had gone "off the rails" and brought it back to what most fans wanted to see -- a core AF team that had original members and new members who had more character development. What I didn't know was that Hud had underwent an amputation last year and was in a bad place. The good news is that he's recently received a prosthetic leg thanks to the Hero Initiative: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...nitiative-help

Totally agree that James Hudnall brought back the Alpha that we wanted. All the best to him!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

That's sad news. Glad he's better.

I think he's my favourite Alpha writer after Byrne.

(Also, hello again Seng! Been a while.)

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default A true hero.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I agree with the sentiments above: Mr. Hudnall took a book that was basically AFINO [Alpha Flight in name only] and did an almost-impossible job getting it closer to where it was in the beginning.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I enjoyed Hudnall's work on AF. Quite liked his stories and characters through and through.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

What happened, by the way?

A diabetic problem caused him to lose his leg.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Poor guy.

First and foremost, hoping for a quick recovery. A co-worker/friend of mine, recently had to get two toes amputated due to diabetes. I am so surprised I don't have it, with my life of poor eating. I have recently been making an effort to strive for a better diet because I am getting (much!) older and my body can't process junk like it used to (nor am I nearly as active as I used to be!)

All that rambling aside - what issues did he write? Tell me he wasn't responsible for Llan...

Images

Um... sorry Tawmis. He kind of was... but we blame Editorial Interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Um... sorry Tawmis. He kind of was... but we blame Editorial Interference.
    You know... I can't tell if I really hate the Llan story, to be honest, because it was a bad story (I just seem to remember it being a bad story; especially when the whole town goes crazy, and there's people dead all over the place) - but I wonder if a part of it was Llan's appearance in general, that didn't help me buying he was some great, evil villain. I mean, his hair cut and dress code, seemed more offensive than anything. (And this coming from a guy, I realize, who loves a character with long hair, a backwards cap, and blades all over his costume; so perhaps I don't have much room to talk)...

Images

The art during that period was... not the best. That wouldn't have helped.
    It's actually why I like Hudnall so much. I devoured one of the stories - 'Dark Reflections' from #74 - despite hating the artwork.

~ Le Messor
    "Cynicism is the intellectual cripple's substitute for intelligence. It is the dishonest businessman's substitute for conscience. It is the communicator's substitute, whether he is advertising man or editor or writer, for self-respect."
    ~ Russell Lynes