Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if you had to draft a team of Alpha Flight ...

Default What if you had to draft a team of Alpha Flight ...

With only ONE member who has ever been in ANY volume of Alpha Flight (including Beta and Gamma, and the "good" Omega, but not excluding the evil Omega Flight teams) -

And the other 4 members, of this team of 5, had to be characters that had never been in Alpha Flight...

Who are some characters you'd pick, and why?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

My first reaction is, I'd quit Marvel and tell them I'm not gonna do this! :P

Then I'd probably use a wild sasquatch (but a different one from v2, to get away with this on a technicality) because there's been a Sasquatch on every team (usually Walt); then Heather, because the team needs her; then Squirrel Girl (so she can deal with those black squirrels you get in Canada, also, cool); then Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, because they cover that important mystic and speedster / twins demographic you need for AF.

~ Le Messor
    "Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
    ~ Muhammad Ali

Ok, Puck to lead, he has the leadership and strategy ability, Rogue from an alternate universe so she isn't so darn powerful yet useless, Killspree from Weapon PRIME because they need two strong fighters and nothing wrong with Killspree, Hulk for brains and brawn, and Earthmover because they need a mystic and he was never an AF member.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Sasquatch
    Wolverine
    Deadpool
    Batman
    Superman

Then the title would never get cancelled.

Images

Not cancelled, but it'd get rebooted to death. And then revived, and rebooted again. And then...

I thought about adding Wolverine, for exactly that reason, but I decided he was too close to having been a member already.

~ Le Messor
    "Correction does much, but encouragement does more. Encouragement after censure is as the sun after a shower."
    ~ Goethe

Hmmmm... great question, hard to answer.
    Obviously, I'd love to have all the original Alphans on the team, but if I had to pick a new one, I'd definitely look to characters from other books and mix them in with a couple background ones from the Alpha Flight volumes. Also, make the team visual still Canadian, but not overtly Canadian (ie. no Vindicator or Guardian).

Here's my choice:

Puck
    Transonic (from Generation Hope)
    Box Jr. (from Avengers Academy)
    Feedback (technically only a member of Beta Flight, never a member of Alpha Flight)
    Earthmover (again, never a member of Alpha in the past)
    The Flight Forever !

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Sasquatch
    Wolverine
    Deadpool
    Batman
    Superman

Then the title would never get cancelled.
    OMG this is the funniest post I've ever read! nice one
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Transonic (from Generation Hope)
    Box Jr. (from Avengers Academy)
    In all seriousness those are really good choices and I'd probably include them.

Here is who I would consider the "All New All Different" Alpha Flight...though it would Marvel some money to bring in a couple of the "new AF characters"

To be lead by Puck

Captain Canuck
    Northguard
    Captain Newfoundland
    Nelvana of the Northern Lights

Keeping it straight Canada!!
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I want to make all the characters Canadian so I went with:

Colin Hume (AKA: Windshear) in the Box armour
    Deadpool
    Silver Fox (cloned from DNA from the Weapon X Program)
    Graviton (reformed and absolved of all criminal charges)
    Tekkeitsertok (Inuit God of Caribou and the Hunt)

Colin will be the leader since he was the leader of Beta Flight back in the day. He struggles with his own self doubts as well as the personality quirks of his team, and executive meddling by the Gov't. In return for taking on this role the Gov't has Walter Langkowski work on reactivating Colin's suppressed mutant gene so he can regain his powers. Although he will be using the Box armour he will be using the Guardian name.

Deadpool will be the joker of the team who constantly makes fun of all his teammates. What the others don't know is Wade is really looking for a place where he can fit in, and believes this eclectic group of "heroes" is his perfect family... assuming he can stop pissing them off.

Graviton would be the bad guy trying to redeem himself, but has to fight against his inner demons and other people's prejudice to do it.

Silver Fox will be the "Wolverine" of the team. She secretly digs into Gov't/Weapon X files to find out who she is, what happened to her, and how she came back to life only to uncover she is a clone. This will make her all emo, and will end with a meeting between her and the new Wolverine who will give her all sorts of clone advice.

Tekkeitsertok will be the fish out of water character, especially during urban adventures. He will seek to understand this new world he is meant to protect, and must come to terms with how modern society is changing the world he once knew.
    Last edited by Legerd; 10-19-2015 at 06:29 PM.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    With only ONE member who has ever been in ANY volume of Alpha Flight (including Beta and Gamma, and the "good" Omega, but not excluding the evil Omega Flight teams) -

And the other 4 members, of this team of 5, had to be characters that had never been in Alpha Flight...

Who are some characters you'd pick, and why?
    (1) Aurora/Jeanne-Marie - because she really needs to be treated like a heroine
    (2) Doc Sampson - because he could help Aurora/Jeanne-Marie become a better heroine
    (3) Lynx - because she's not an over-used character
    (4) Earthmover/Chuck Moss - because he was slated to take Shaman's place, anyway
    (5) Blindspot - because there are lots of things everyone needs to forget
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

1. Snowbird pulls the team back together (Aurora is busy, Northstar is with the X-Men, Shaman is busy, Vindicator & Guardian are tending to their kids)
    2. Windshear answers the call and adopts the Vindicator (Red/White) armor
    3. American Eagle in the area, gets involved in helping and joins this new version of Alpha Flight. (Essentially to become like Shaman)
    4. Flashback suddenly appears back - uncertain what has happened to him. (Turns out the Secret Wars version of himself warned him and altered his history)
    5. Speed Demon still trying to make good of his life, has fled the US, and now living in Canada and joins Alpha Flight to try and make amends (and essentially get extradition exemption by becoming a government asset of Canada). He would have sketchy behavior and be the team's "Northstar" in many regards.
    Last edited by Tawmis; 10-21-2015 at 08:23 PM.

I went with all Canadian characters for my teams as well.

Sasquatch
    (Walter Langkwoski, leader)
    Living Totem (Whistle Pig)
    Cascade (Ross Kinkaid) http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/cascadeaf.htm
    Prodigy (Timothy Wilkerson)
    Captain Canada (Unrevealed) http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix6/captain_canadafg.htm

My alternate team

Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen, leader)
    Double Trouble (Unrevealed) - Weapon PRIME
    Macro-Man/Macro System http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/macrosystemaf.htm
    Moositaur (Unrevealed) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gd8NBIma-z...nadacorps2.jpg
    Yetrigar - returned to normal size via Pym Particles
    Last edited by Ranger1966; 10-23-2015 at 10:11 AM.

Default Alpha revamp

I think I stayed close to the rules using Canadians but non Alpha Flight characters except one.
    Puck-The real leader but with a criminal background he doesn't get the official tile.

The original Major Maple Leaf-The figurehead and spokesperson with some political power. Puck and MML have history that’s never been told. Would make for some great one off stories. Sure he's old but he certainly held his own against Northstar.

Night Raven from Marvel UK - The “Wolverine” of the group...cool underused character. Hails from Alberta.

Wendigo- A young native women who learned mystic skills that helped her control the curse. She is constantly learning more about shamanism to find a cure. Gets the team in loads of trouble as a result. OK I made up the back story but Wendigo is such a open-ended character these days I couldn't help it.

Kadlu-goddess of lighting.... We could use her powers in interesting ways...speed... Transports herself or others thru electricity. Our speedster with offensive capabilities as well.

Dept H or K provides the technology and support like in Steven Seagle`s run and somewhat like what Shield does in the TV series. If we couldn't use a government department we could easily explain the older characters like Night Raven, Puck and Major Maple Leaf acquiring maybe a quinjet or transportation ring and other hi-tech over the years. A great way to tell back stories of these characters.

I think with Dept H we could introduce some cool technology... and with Puck, Wendigo and Kadlu we keep enough of a mystic element that always been an important element of the Flight.
    Last edited by Human Fly; 11-01-2015 at 07:08 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Human Fly View Post
    Wendigo- A young native women who learned mystic skills that helped her control the curse. She is constantly learning more about shamanism to find a cure. Gets the team in loads of trouble as a result.
    That's a pretty cool take on the character.