Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
I didn't know there was another character named "Equinox" other than the Marvel one.
Who is the Marvel one?
(But I should warn you, if they're Alpha-Related, I'm gonna be most embarrassed.)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
I find Alpha Flight volume 1 #s 1 through 28 to be more memorable than a lot of the other, more celebrated work. ...the amount of effort put into the plausibility of the characterizations, motivations, and plot: some creators put some thought and effort into the plausibility, some did not.
I find Byrne's work on AF and X-Men to feel far more real to me than anybody's work on the titles before or since. (Okay, there's no 'before' on AF.) It's more fun and natural than... well, most other comics period. Than any of the new age of 'realism' we've got to deal with, than any of that dark garbage that people rave about so much.

Uh... That isn't to say I think everything he's ever done is great, or that he's the only one doing any good work out there. I've enjoyed a lot of other things, a lot of them more than his X-Men, some of them almost as much as his Alpha.

~ Le Messor
"Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all."
~ George Washington, letter of instruction to the Virginia Regiments