Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Article: The Future Of Alpha Flight?

A few more generic AF workers and more of the logo in an unlettered A-Force #1 Preview:
    http://comicsalliance.com/wilson-mol...force-preview/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-Force_1_Preview_2.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	238.4 KB 
ID:	4970

The Hatchette catalogue for the next quarter is out, but the CM TPB listing doesn't add anything new:

Name:	MHCatAugCMTPB1.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	151.8 KB 
ID:	4971Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MHCatAugCMTPB1b.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	4972

I personally think the Alpha Flight name has been appropriated for Captain Marvel's space flight squad (which is a horrible thought). Everything I've read seems to point to that. If it's true, it makes me a very angry fan of the genuine/real/one and only Alpha Flight.

Truthfully, the only viable space Alphans would be Guardian and maybe Vindicator (with their force fields). Every other member would need spacesuits. Snowbird's shapeshifting abilities would be useless in outer space, as would Shaman's magic pouch. Northstar and Aurora might be useful (with space suits of some sort). Puck's abilities would be hampered by weightlessness.

I still hope the name-stealing isn't true, though and that there is actual Canadian Alpha Flight content in the series....Sigh.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 12-09-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    If it's true, it makes me a very angry fan of the genuine/real/one and only Alpha Flight.
    You remind me of Garry's sig.

Snowbird's shapeshifting abilities would be useless in outer space, as would Shaman's magic pouch. Northstar and Aurora might be useful (with space suits of some sort). Puck's abilities would be hampered by weightlessness.
    Assuming they're using their powers in a space-walk capacity. Of course, the only other time they'd be of use (because they can't work through spaceships / space suits) would be during a base invasion.

Snowbird could become a space whale (the kind we've seen in X-Men).

I still hope the name-stealing isn't true, though and that there is actual Canadian Alpha Flight content in the series....Sigh.
    Me too. Sigh.

~ Le Messor
    "Distrust is poison to friendship."
    ~ Christian Clippings

The thing is, they could still pilot space-ships and work on the space station, or the Earth office, without spacesuits.

wouldn't be that different from the Guardians of the Galaxy. They could still go to destinations

Puck is an accomplished pilot too so maybe he would be one of the flight team

The mention of AF in the Spider-Woman #2 preview made me laugh!

Name:	4959233-4+swoman2015002_int_lr2-3.jpg 
Views:	635 
Size:	315.0 KB 
ID:	4996

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/ex...2/1100-154518/

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The Triskelion will also host Carol Danvers's Alpha Flight, and the Wakandan Embassy.
    There's a nice little throwaway line in today's Secret Wars #9 that probably sets this up...

"Our Alpha Flight"

i dig it

So I wonder if Black Panther is a member of Alpha Flight now? Seemed to imply he was the one that created this new rendition.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    So I wonder if Black Panther is a member of Alpha Flight now? Seemed to imply he was the one that created this new rendition.
    I wonder if that rocket contains (or is) the Alpha Flight Space Station seen in the new Cap Marvel and The Ultimates comics.
    Last edited by Canucklehead; 01-13-2016 at 09:59 PM.

The page in question can be seen at http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/01/...aptain-marvel/

Contains mild Secret Wars finale spoilers..