Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Future Of Alpha Flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    And more of a non-answer:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-with-iron-man

The 'the' worries me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's our Legerd
    Yup, that was my question. I find people quite often get my username wrong when they give it a quick glance. And the "the" worries me as well. I have the feeling Alonso is trying to avoid a lot of problems Marvel has had with making Alpha Flight viable by simply not having an Alpha Flight... or at least not "our" Alpha Flight.

EDIT: I just want to raise a question I've asked before: would you buy a team book that was Alpha Flight in all but name? Meaning that all the characters were Alphans, it's set in Canada, all the usual suspects (Dept. H, Weapon X, known villains, etc.) were in it, but it was called Avengers North or the Canadian Shield or anything else other than "Alpha Flight?"
    Last edited by Legerd; 10-23-2015 at 09:13 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've been paranoid so far, but that 'the' makes me think... it was probably just a meaningless typo. I can picture going to type a team name and semi-automatically starting with 'the' (The Avengers, The X-Men, The Fantastic Four...)
    That's what it looks like to me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    EDIT: I just want to raise a question I've asked before: would you buy a team book that was Alpha Flight in all but name? Meaning that all the characters were Alphans, it's set in Canada, all the usual suspects (Dept. H, Weapon X, known villains, etc.) were in it, but it was called Avengers North or the Canadian Shield or anything else other than "Alpha Flight?"
    I buy it for the characters. So, yes, until the horrible writing drove me away.
    Of course, if it had good writing, I'd stick to it.
    (Though I care nothing about Dept. H or Weapon X.)

~ Le Messor
    "I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again."
    ~ Bart Simpson

Posted over at CBR's Axel-In-Charge...

Then we'll wrap for now with Legend, who asks, "Hey Axel, could you please provide some details on what Alpha Flight is going to look like in the ANAD Marvel U?" To chime in, there're a big part of the January-debuting "Captain Marvel," correct?
    Alonso: You'll get your first glimpse of the Alpha Flight in "Captain Marvel" #1.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike View Post
    Posted over at CBR's Axel-In-Charge...

Opps, I see that Phil beat me to it...

"the Alpha Flight" doesn't fill me with any confidence.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Thumbs up Where's the "like" button?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Marvel isn't getting one cent of my money unless the characters I knew as Alpha Flight exist in this ANAD Universe, and are written better than in the past. I'm not shelling out cash just to see a faux Alpha Flight, or to watch my favourite characters used as punching bags again so a headline character can look good.
    Where's the "like" button? Two thumbs up?
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

The latest A-I-C Column at CBR gives me hope, especially in context with a previous one:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...y-awesome-hulk

We'll take off for the long weekend with kaijudo, who has an observation and a question: "No word yet in the ANAD Marvel U about two of my favorites: Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?"
    Alonso: Stay tuned for good news, I think.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...raordinary-era

Then we'll wrap with Gotham Thrasher, who wants to know the whereabouts of a couple of Marvel characters: "Any chance of Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze and Captain Britain showing in the All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe?"
    Alonso: There are no current plans for Captain Britain, and sketchy plans for Johnny Blaze. Unless. Wait. Sounds like a buddy book...
    Last edited by Phil; 10-31-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Images

I'm not seeing the AF connection there.

Well in last months one someone asks about Captain Britain and Alpha Flight and he says stay tuned for good news, not saying as to which.

This week he says no plans for Captain Britain, ergo the good news corresponded to Alpha Flight...

Images

Oh, I see how you worked that out. It makes sense, BUT:

Between the fact that the OP asked 'characters/titles' (emphasis mine), and the way people talk when they have something to sell, to me that basically adds nothing to the question of whether Carol Danvers' Alpha Flight is our Alpha Flight. Alonso could simply have meant 'you'll be seeing those words in a regular title soon'. (Or, again, he could've meant 'The Alpha Flight you know and love will be back in the pages of Captain Marvel, but I can't tell you.' Don't take this as me denying the possibility!)

~ Le Messor
    "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
    ~ Erica Jong

Hmm... Do I see an redesigned Aurora Starburst costume?
    https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...88718129844225

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CS25hpcUsAALPXc.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	4959

Images

Do you mean CM, or over her shoulder?

The person over her shoulder.

Yeah it's possible. Them keeping it somewhat hidden is actually a positive thing.

Isn't that just a Carol Corps starburst shoulder patch? Wasn't there a different one for AF?

On second look, is that a (red) pointy ear or from a helmet/mask?

Also, does she have a goiter on her neck? Someone should check her thyroid.