Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: The Future Of Alpha Flight?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

This is starting to look like the 'How would people feel if...?' thread.

(Only, coming at it from the other direction - which I feel better about.)
    Being vague for spoilers' sake.

Someone may have to catch me up on this one. This does not look like it has anything to do with our Alpha Flight.

If you check the video at http://alphaflight.net/content.php?8...-Marvel-Series it was said that AF would be regulars in the series.
    This is a prelude to that, of sorts, but the AF in it are in name only.

Hmmmm...thanks for the update Phil

i have my doubts the originals will appear much now, but we shall see. As you said just a teaser

No worries, I just didn't want people shelling out loads of money, only to be disappointed.

I'm not getting too pessimistic yet - this was by a completely different creative team, and possibly avoided using the characters because the first issue hasn't been completed yet.
    Last edited by Phil; 10-07-2015 at 03:35 PM.

I still picked it up. I really do hope the originals appear in the main Captain Marvel book but seems it's just the female flight team, the "carol corps"

Images

While this new issue does make it look like it's just a squadron with the same name (and Alpha Flight would make a good name for a group of pilots - see Babylon 5), I think we've looked into and eliminated that possibility. (See also the thread Phil linked to.)

(Also: I'd like to add, for those of us who pick this up: I hope we judge the comic on its own merits, not simply whether or not it has our Alpha Flight in it.)

~ Le Messor
    "Care more than others think is wise."

Yeah, the likelihood of Danvers being the only superhuman up there as Earth's first line of defense is unlikely.

Alpha Flight is mentioned in the Ultimates story too, when CM offers them to Black Panther to help deal with a threat.

I'm still holding out hope, especially as Anka has mentioned re-designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    While this new issue does make it look like it's just a squadron with the same name (and Alpha Flight would make a good name for a group of pilots - see Babylon 5), I think we've looked into and eliminated that possibility. (See also the thread Phil linked to.)

(Also: I'd like to add, for those of us who pick this up: I hope we judge the comic on its own merits, not simply whether or not it has our Alpha Flight in it.)

~ Le Messor
    "Care more than others think is wise."
    Well if you remember the promotional art for the captain marvel series you see space ships behind her all with A's on them. So to me it confirms there will be a group of pilots

was it confirmed the originals will appear? I thought that was up in the air

This is starting to look like a fake-out.

Hard to know what they're really doing. They could be pulling a fake-out and AF could turn out to be a SHIELD or some such team based in space to replace/augment SWORD, not Alpha Flight in reality. Of course, they have said Alpha Flight, and don't seem to be going in another direction. But why an AF low-orbit station and not Department H? Department H now called AF?
    Last edited by Mokole; 10-07-2015 at 09:30 PM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    I'd thought it was all-but confirmed; but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    They could be pulling a fake-out and AF could turn out to be a SHIELD or some such team based in space to replace/augment SWORD, not Alpha Flight in reality.
    I hope not, but let's face it - I wouldn't be surprised.

~ Le Messor
    "Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."
    ~ Bumper Sticker

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Well if you remember the promotional art for the captain marvel series you see space ships behind her all with A's on them. So to me it confirms there will be a group of pilots
    The A's look like the Avengers logo, rather than the AF logo used in #0.
    Some of the characters in #0 only had the CM logo on their uniform, others had the AF, one had both.
    (although the AF logo was an amalgamation of the AF jet one, the current Avengers one, and a CM one)

From that I'm guessing there's a Carol Corps and an Alpha Flight Corps.

It was dubiously worded.
    However redesigns was mentioned which implies existing characters.
    Last edited by Phil; 10-08-2015 at 10:33 AM.