Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight B&W Images - Digitally Recolored by Me!

Hybrid View

Default Alpha Flight B&W Images - Digitally Recolored by Me!

So Tom B. frequently posts various images, a lot of them are B&W - and he so happened to post one of my all time favorite images EVER in comics - the page from UXM #121 where Alpha Flight confronts the X-Men.

Well, during a moment of boredom (and because it actually soothes me), I colored the B&W image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uxm121colored.png 
Views:	409 
Size:	535.5 KB 
ID:	4821  
    Last edited by Tawmis; 09-27-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Wait... You coloured that?

It looks totally professional!
    Also, yesterday, I ran into a copy of the Classic X-Men of that issue. (And of #109.)

~ Le Messor
    "Better by far you should forget and smile, Than that you should remember and be sad"
    ~ Christina Rossetti, "Remember," Goblin Market

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Wait... You coloured that?
    It looks totally professional!
    Also, yesterday, I ran into a copy of the Classic X-Men of that issue. (And of #109.)
    Yeah. Coloring B&W images helps put my mind at ease. Very therapeutic.

There was another thread in the general thing - that had non Alpha Flight colorings. Phil tried to combine it into one thread, but it ended up trashing the attachments (I had done each one as an individual post within the thread, thinking it'd be easier to comment on each one that way). Going to redo that thread (and put them all in one post like Phil was trying to do) at some point. Just need to relocate all of them, because they're scattered on my external drive under random names.

Images

I saw that other thread - didn't comment because it was mostly about 'delete this thread'.

Maybe you should go for a job as a colourist?
    But judging by the above, you've been Outside in your lifetime. Ever.
    That might disqualify you.

~ Le Messor
    "Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? . . . If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists."
    ~ Blaise Pascal

I saw that other thread - didn't comment because it was mostly about 'delete this thread'.
    Maybe you should go for a job as a colourist?
    But judging by the above, you've been Outside in your lifetime. Ever.
    That might disqualify you.
    I'd love to do coloring as a profession. Or work comics in general. Even if it meant taking out the trash at a comic company.

Coloring is very fun. Same reason, I think I enjoy (Star Wars) LEGOs. To take something (black and white drawing) and bring it to life (same idea of all these LEGO pieces coming together to be a beautiful X-WING or whatever). It soothes the creative mind in my skull that often finds no peace.

I am just starting to think Canadians are not happy people just based off AF members. and if you throw in Logan and his anger issues, that pretty much sums it all up.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    I am just starting to think Canadians are not happy people just based off AF members. and if you throw in Logan and his anger issues, that pretty much sums it all up.
    Which is a complete contrast to the movie "Strange Brew" where all the Canadians were happy.

Drat. Tried to edit the subject of the original post and I can't. Anyway, just colored this one just now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004-05-16_062859_AlphaFlight.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	4865  

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Drat. Tried to edit the subject of the original post and I can't. Anyway, just colored this one just now.
    Click Edit and then Go Advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Click Edit and then Go Advanced.
    It changes my first thread title; but not the actual title of the thread if you look on the forum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-03-15_102002_LargeA.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	310.2 KB 
ID:	4894
    Just colored this one this morning. I don't know who the original artist is, unfortunately.
    It may be Byrne, but I'm not 100% sure. It's got a signature in the lower right; I just can't make it out.

Images

I have a Lego Star Wars T-shirt, but that's neither here nor there.
    The new colouring job is nice, too.

Images

That's Byrne. Even without the signature, you can totally tell.
    (I can't read the signature, btw, I can just see that it looks roughly like his.)

~ Le Messor
    "By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth."
    ~ George Carlin

That's Byrne. Even without the signature, you can totally tell.
    (I can't read the signature, btw, I can just see that it looks roughly like his.)
    What makes me question if it's really him or not (and not just someone seeking to do a tribute to his style) is - all of their smiles seem off. Like... they're all SUPER smiling... except Northstar, who looks like he's smirking... and that doesn't seem like Byrne... and then the one thing that REALLY makes me question if it's really him is Snowbird's cape - the person drew it as feathers - which Byrne (to my knowledge) has never done - it's normally just a "several pointed tip" cape.

It's a Byrne commission from 2009.
    http://alphaflight.net/showthread.ph...ll=1#post70297
    Last edited by Phil; 09-28-2015 at 09:04 AM.