Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight To Be Part Of New Captain Marvel Series? *UPDATED*

You know, this got me thinknig about something from a few years ago. I ran into Mark Pannicia, the editor for the 4th series at Midtown Comics (see big article I wrote about it: http://www.alphaflight.net/showthrea...ll=1#post80478 ) and he mentioned something like this as a pitch:

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    He said that he couldn't believe how many Alpha Flight pitches there were before this series, and I asked him if he remembered one [that had been rejected]. He said that one had Alpha Flight in the role of "world avengers" , saving the whole world, which we both agreed wouldn't be consistent with their Canadian character.
    I wonder if this Captain Marvel series is that very same pitch rejected years ago. And now I remember how the non-Canadianness of their role on an outpost defense space station would have bothered me. Well years later and without their own series, I'm not so bothered by it. If it were the setting for their very own series yeah that would be weird, but as a guest appearance in Captain Marvel's book, it seems kind of nifty actually.

Maybe Validator will be with them? Not gonna hold my breath though. Seems Hickman and Marvel have forgotten her.

Which AF characters could fly in space without any special suit.... Guardian, Vindicator, Box... maybe Shaman? The rest would be more space station crew. I could see Sasquatch being helpful there since he was a scientist, the rest would be pretty useless. Super speed for Northstar and Aurora so they can do deliveries faster aboard the station?

Not going to lie I forgot about her too. Seems unlikely she will appear in secret wars now

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The Ultimates are in title-name only, they're all 616 characters.
    This is one of the few times something being in name only has made me feel better about it!

So it sounds like it was Marvel Editorial's idea to bring Alpha Flight into the title, to bring them more into the MU.

I'd say they'll be fairly regular in it, at least to start with, maybe springing to their own title if the appearances go down well?

That's awesome. I also think your right they are trying to move them from the X-Men lore to make them more accessible. Unlikely we will see them in their own movie, but maybe cameos?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    So it sounds like it was Marvel Editorial's idea to bring Alpha Flight into the title, to bring them more into the MU.
    So we've got those vultures working for us for a change?* Wow!
    * Meant purely as a paraphrase of a line from The Terminator, not a genuine insult.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Unlikely we will see them in their own movie, but maybe cameos?
    There've already been references, so maybe!
    Most of them are probably suitable in terms of origin - all but the twins, really, of the originals.
    Mac and Heather ≈ Iron Man, Sas ≈ Hulk, Shaman ≈ Dr. Strange, Snowbird ≈≈ Thor, Marrina's alien, and Puck is non-powered. So they've all got a precedent in the MCU.

~ Le Messor
    "Because learning does not consist only of knowing what we must or we can do, but also of knowing what we could do and perhaps should not do."
    ~ Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose

My guess would be that the space mission involves the Q`wrrlln and that would get Mac involved.

Images

That could be cool!

I'm thinking, though, it's just them up there on a satellite, guarding Earth with S.W.O.R.D.

I added C.M. to my standing order yesterday.

~ Le Messor
    "Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish."
    ~ Albert Einstein

add the title to you pull lists, buy two or three for your friends. tweet, facebook, and blog your asses off. the only thing they care about is sales and if they think AF will sell titles we`ll see them all over the place. thanks for the heads up AF.net. you guys are awesome.

As a heads-up, apparently AF are in tomorrow's Avengers #0 with Cap Marvel, presumably as part of the A-Force segment of the issue!
    Not sure how much though.

Generic Preview is at CBR.
    There are 4 covers for it.

Really? That's good news and great exposure. I wonder if they will appear in the Ultimates book as isnt Marvel a member there too?

She is indeed!

I should have the issue in my hands in about 16 hrs so I'll let people know how minor the appearance is (without spoiler details)