Thread: Storm movie?

Default Storm movie?

Halle Berry wants to do a solo Storm movie, how would Fox be able to get Alpha Flight some screen time? Which characters could you see being in the film? http://www.superherohype.com/news/34...torm-solo-film
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Strange question... We didn't really get Alphans in the two Wolverine films (I'm not counting their 'Hudsons'!), and Storm is less connected to AF.

BUT, the one who springs to mind is Shaman. Remember way back in AF's first appearance, when Shaman and Storm had a weather fight?
    They could do that onscreen.

~ Le Messor
    "Anything more dull and commonplace it wouldn't be easy to reproduce."
    ~ The London Times, on Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address

I think a Berry Storm film would be an absolute wreck and wouldn't want any Alphans near it at all, to be honest.

I would love to see a Berry Storm movie. I'm a big fan of both her as an actress and the character. I thought she was terrific as Storm.

Not sure at all how AF would fit into it.

Actually I always thought Halle Berry would be perfectly cast as Heather Hudson in an AF movie. So given the choice I would say switch from Storm to Heather Hudson.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think a Berry Storm film would be an absolute wreck and wouldn't want any Alphans near it at all, to be honest.
    We most definitely agree here.

I don't think she makes a good Storm.

And you know, it may not be her fault that I so strongly dislike her as Storm.

It could be the writer's fault.

But that line... I swear, it's the MOST hated movie line for me - even beating out the STAR WARS line of, "I don't care what planet you're from, that's got to hurt!" (in the prequels, during the Pod Race) - is Storm's line...

"Do you know what happens to a toad that's struck by lightning?" (Dramatic Pause) "The same thing as everything else!" ZAP!

Really?

REALLY?

Images

I actually don't mind that Storm line (though it is the most hated line in the movie for a LOT of people) - but think it would be vastly improved as:

"Do you know what happens to a toad that's struck by lightning?" ZAP! "The same thing that happens to everything else." (as she shrugs and walks away.)

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I actually don't mind that Storm line (though it is the most hated line in the movie for a LOT of people) - but think it would be vastly improved as:

"Do you know what happens to a toad that's struck by lightning?" ZAP! "The same thing that happens to everything else." (as she shrugs and walks away.)
    My problem is "The same thing as everything else" is so... unintelligent.

I would have been happy with, "Do you know what happens to a toad when struck by lightning?" (Dramatic pause) "Over one BILLION volts of electricity courses through their body!" (ZAP!)

(Yes, it's one billion if google is to be believed: Cloud-to-ground lightning bolts are a common phenomenon—about 100 strike Earth's surface every single second—yet their power is extraordinary. Each bolt can contain up to one billion volts of electricity. This enormous electrical discharge is caused by an imbalance between positive and negative charges.)

At least then - it would have been a "Holy crap! One BILLION volts?"

I would have learned something. And the high number of one BILLION volts would have added to the impact.

Images

1.21 Jiggawats!?!

How fast would Toad have to be travelling?

Images

88 miles per hour!