Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How would people feel if...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

... and for some people who have been on this forum v2 is their Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Flex was one of the few things about v2 I had any liking for, though.
    Didn't like Radius?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I've still got a lot of love for Vol.2.
    It's not Byrne Flight, but then again few things are.
    I just feel like the writing was a little everywhere. Like way too many plot lines were thrown on the table at once.

... and for some people who have been on this forum v2 is their Alpha Flight.
    That's sad.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Didn't like Radius?
    Nope. Too much of an aggressive 90s jerkhat bully. Nothing cool about him.

That's sad.
    It's just people with different experiences and opinions.

~ Le Messor
    "Aggressive people have plenty of 'pushing power', but very little 'pulling' power."
    ~ P.K. Shaw

I liked V2. They had good ideas and should have gotten more time in my opinion, as the stories had substance and weren't run of the mill. Ghost Girl and Flinch were two characters I wanted to see developed, but alas. Even Weapon PRIME was a team I wanted to see more of, more developed. But alas.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I had much more respect for vol. 2 after seeing vol. 3.
    The Flight Forever !

Images

I find vol. 3 bad, but enjoyable.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Ready for Volume 5

I don't think an Epic-style format would sell in this market, but I do like the idea.
    I don't know what would sell, I just believe that if a publishing company publishes a well-thoughtout, well-executed, well-edited story with a beginning, middle, and end, people will buy it.

Me, I thought the 20 or so issues of v2 were MORE than enough to tell that particular story. :P

~ LM
    "Remember that opportunity is a dare - not a door."
    ~ W.G.P.
    Heh. I didn't like V2...
    If Epsilon guards can: (1) capture and chain "Sasquatch II"; (2) detain, steal and/or harness the power of SUNFIRE; (3) de-age Mac to 18 years old; (4) capture and mind-wipe Judd and Heather at will/with ease, and; (5) harvest/grow children for Department H, what use, really, is (volume 2's version of) Alpha Flight?
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I don't know what would sell, I just believe that if a publishing company publishes a well-thoughtout, well-executed, well-edited story with a beginning, middle, and end, people will buy it.
    I'd honestly like to believe that.
    I'm being the cynical one for once!

If Epsilon guards can: (1) capture and chain "Sasquatch II"; (2) detain, steal and/or harness the power of SUNFIRE; (3) de-age Mac to 18 years old; (4) capture and mind-wipe Judd and Heather at will/with ease, and; (5) harvest/grow children for Department H, what use, really, is (volume 2's version of) Alpha Flight?
    That's a really good point. I've never considered it like that before.

I hadn't thought of that - but that's just further proof that the writing felt like it was everywhere and not all that well planned out.

I think it was just an over-desire to do something very different to Vol.1 plus a LOT of editorial interference...

Images

I'd honestly like to believe that.
    I'm being the cynical one for once!
    I've often said I've observed a total lack of correlation between quality and popularity.
    Marketing is important, for one thing.

Though, Garry, you're right about Epsilon. I don't think I'd thought about that either!

~ Le Messor
    "Bear in mind that brains and learning, like muscle and physical skill, are articles of commerce. They are bought and sold. You can hire them by the year or by the hour. The only thing in the world not for sale is character."
    ~ Justice Antonin Scalia

I think it was just an over-desire to do something very different to Vol.1 plus a LOT of editorial interference...
    That seemed to be a curse with Volume 2. Same exact thing happened that sank New Warriors V2.

Images

Which was New Warriors v2 again? Was it the one during Erik Larsen's Nova?

~ Le Messor
    "Beauty is in the details."
    ~ German proverb

Yup, written by Jay Faerber, who (as a fan, before his writing career) was on the original Alpha Waves list that eventually led to this board!
    Last edited by Phil; 09-15-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Yup, written by Jay Faerber, who (as a fan, before his writing career) was on the original Alpha Waves list that eventually led to this board!
    ^^ This.

And I actually enjoyed Jay's run - but you could tell something was happening in the background.

Jay's run was infinitely better than the "X-Mutants New Warriors"... Which COULD have been interesting, except their artist was beyond horrible - you literally could not tell the characters apart when they were out of costume.