Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How would people feel if...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Is that title Thor?

Now you got me curious too Tawmis as to what this ONE Marvel title is. I thought Thor also but the identity of Thor was revealed back in May. Those 8 issues of Thor were probably the best Marvel issues I've read lately.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    the identity of Thor was revealed back in May.
    Really? Who is she? (Use spoiler space. )

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

It was revealed to be

Jane Foster

. NOthing I care about but there it is.
    Last edited by Phil; 08-02-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Preview panel spoilers
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Thanks, Mokole. (Chris had PM'd me with the answer - for spoilers' sake.)

~ LM
    "Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."
    ~ Bumper Sticker

Hah! No. It's not THOR. Jason Aaron is writing that. I gave up after issue #5 or so.

It's actually "Age of Apocalypse."

And as for who I suspect a "new" character is in the series - his name is "Burner."

But I have a feeling he's known as something else in - what was once - the 616 Universe, based off of something the character said. (and who the writer is)

I had the same thoughts as you on that character, and thought you'd like it

And this strengthened our thoughts:
    http://www.newsarama.com/25072-fabia...ars-later.html

Nrama: Who are Magneto’s X-Men in this version of the Age of Apocalypse reality? Is it close to the original line-up, or are there some surprises?

Nicieza: Some surprises for sure. Familiar faces, but maybe some of them in unfamiliar roles or combinations. The X-Men are down and out, not many of them are left (and maybe a lot less after the first issue). I don't want to reveal too much about who is on the roster or who makes it through to the end. You'll see lots of the usual suspects, but you'll see some of them in a different light.

Nrama: One of the coolest parts of Age of Apocalypse was seeing all the re-imagined X-Men characters. Will we see any new ones pop-up in the Secret Wars series?

Nicieza: You will see one specific re-imagined character. I took someone and tried to do the "Sunfire treatment" with him, by radically altering their look like Scott Lobdell and Joe Madureira did in the original book with Sunfire.
    You'll see who it is in Age of Apocalypse #1 and many fans will probably guess who he is well before #2 comes out.

The give away was, "It just takes one cut."

So... if I am right, I will be happy. (Not a fan of the reimaging of the character, if it is who I suspect... but I will take what I can!)

It just wouldn't work for me (the Northstar and Alpha Flight idea). Time and time again the character has stated that he did not want to be on the team so unless it was an extremely limited series... I for one would like to go back to when Alpha was slaughtered by Pointer in The Avengers and start from there (if all goes according to my plan I may have something to show in a couple of months).

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Time and time again the character has stated that he did not want to be on the team
    Yet he keeps on coming back!

so unless it was an extremely limited series
    Well, judging by the pattern of 130 issues > 20 issues > 12 issues > 8 issues I'd say it'll be 6 issues at most!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Well, judging by the pattern of 130 issues > 20 issues > 12 issues > 8 issues I'd say it'll be 6 issues at most!
    Sad but true!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default A new series, in a magazine-style format?

I hope MARVEL decides to bring Alpha Flight back in an EPIC-style, magazine format...maybe a one-shot since an on-going doesn't seem likely.
    Illustrations, stories with a beginning-middle-and-end, with some prose. Black-and-white for a first printing; color if a second printing is justified.
    Give it the name of the magazine that was in the Omega Flight mini-series, if Michael Oeming and Scott Kollins don't mind.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Images

Interesting thought there, Garry. If it were Epic-style, it might be more like a creator-owned project, and therefore somebody's 'baby', so less likely to be taken out the back and shot. Like before.

OTOH, it'd be out-of-Code style (yes, I know *everything* has been out of Code for years, I said style) which I'm not fond of.

That could still be a really good series. If the creators cared about the source material, of course.

Do you mean call it Omega Flight, or the name of something that was inside the mini- and I've forgotten it? (Me, I'd prefer to call it Alpha Flight, but whatevers.)

~ Le Messor
    "Anyone who does not believe in miracles is not a realist."
    ~ David Ben-Gurion

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default World Weekly News / World News Weekly

I had to go back and find it (in the 1st issue of the mini-series) because I couldn't remember the title off the top of my head. It's got Alpha Flight on the cover and Dr. Strange. I just hope that a creator-owned outlet might work. At least, it would be different. Hopefully, tasteful and true to the source material.

To me, Omega Flight will always be one of Alpha's main adversaries.