Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How would people feel if...

Default How would people feel if...

... Volume 5 was entitled 'Northstar & Alpha Flight' ?

Depends what the story would be. Maybe "Northstar & Beta Flight" if he was the teacher / trainer and use his experience as Xmen teacher...

Who would be on his Alpha Flight team? Mixture of original and newer members?
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Northstar & Alpha Flight? I like the idea of having Northstar being included in a volume 5. However, if Northstar is the major character, then I have to note that Northstar has already had his own mini-series (in the 90's), Northstar and Aurora got a huge amount of page-time in volume 4 (to the detriment of other characters), and vol. 4 was different from vol.3, which was different from vol.2, which was different from vol. 1.

Without taking it to OMEGA FLIGHT mini-series extremes, a roster with some recognizable characters and maybe 1 or 2 new/not-usual-to-Alpha Flight characters is what I would like to see.

OTOH, if a particular Alpha Flight character is to be high-lighted, Northstar appears to be the logical choice. He is the most high-profiled member.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 07-08-2015 at 02:31 PM.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

It was just me spitballing ideas.

Marvel have said that they still have 15 titles left to announce, shipping in December onwards.
    December solicits will be announced in September.
    Fan Expo Toronto is in September... This would be a great time to announce an AF series...

I don't think an AF series will get a chance, based on the 45 titles already announced, however there are the constant rumours and rumblings of a Northstar series, based on that trademark a while back.
    Would having the addition of Northstar in the title add some extra sales that just plain 'Alpha Flight' wouldn't, due to his X-Men connection and all the publicity from his wedding?
    Or would a solo Northstar series work/sell better in the current market?

Northstar / Dazzler team-up is still my realistic guess. I already predicted this : http://www.alphaflight.net/showthrea...ll=1#post82762 and I got X-Club right!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Sasquatch should be on the Howling Commandos team. Or just bring back Alfalfa Flight.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Well technically Walter was briefly on the team. The new book is a rehash of Legion of Monsters

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Original question:
    Personally, I wouldn't like it, to be honest. It would make me think that the ONLY reason AF had the book was because Northstar is gay. Not because he's an interesting character, or because his powers are cool, or he was an X-Man.
    It certainly wouldn't be about Alpha Flight. (Garry has already cited the example of v4).
    (And then, if there's a letters page, you'll get the inevitable letters implying this is the only book on the market with a gay character, and the condescending letters from Europeans about how they're better than Americans because they put sex scenes right there on the page...)

If it was 'Character And Alpha Flight', the only one who's been in every team (him, or somebody / something who looks like him) is Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Well technically Walter was briefly on the team. The new book is a rehash of Legion of Monsters
    Did we decide that was him for sure?

~ Le Messor
    "Anything too stupid to be said is sung."
    ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Did we decide that was him for sure?
    Yup, handbooks confirmed it.

Images

Thanks!

I think I read about that at the time, then forgot.

I never liked the "_______ & the (Team Name)" - because I feel it limits the book. What if another writer comes on, and wants to politely exit Northstar? They can't. Northstar HAS to be on the team because it's IN the title.

But then they get to reboot it with a new #1 when he leaves ��

Images

Now, Phil, that would never happen!

(Reminds me of the time when I picked up a copy of Nightcrawler and a copy of Amazing X-Men; and the Amazing X-Men focussed entirely on Nightcrawler, and the Nightcrawler had all the X-Men in it...)

~ Le Messor
    "As ten millions of circles can never make a square, so the united voice of myriads cannot lend the smallest foundation to falsehood."
    ~ Oliver Goldsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    But then they get to reboot it with a new #1 when he leaves ��
    There's a reason I only collect ONE Marvel title now.

And that's because of the character in it (and who I suspect it is...)