Thread: Article: Validator Joins The Avengers

Never really put much value into this "Validator" character, or the "Origin Sites" storyline.
    I'm sensing that we'll simply get to watch her get killed off 8 months into the future.
    I think Kingdom would have been a more interesting character... especially if he had turned out to be an older, wiser version of Flashback.

Don't see her being a long term memeber, still cool that they finally got around to using her.

Yeah, pretty sure she'll die, or possibly just change back to normal after. Chances are we'll never see her again after Hickman's run.

I'd imagine this was the plan for her all along.

Yeah I'm guessing she will sacrifice herself to trigger a big evolution or something. Maybe doctor who style and start a new Big Bang and recreate the universe....or she will just get shot. One or the other

Holy my old review has over 14,000 views? Crazy.

Validator is listed as a member of the Avengers in today's Avengers #27 on the intro page (same image as above but in grayscale), but she doesn't appear in the flesh.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Never really put much value into this "Validator" character, or the "Origin Sites" storyline.
    Me either, but largely because she's got nothing to do with Alpha Flight, other than looking like them.

On the other hand, for those who do follow her - congrats on her getting this kind of exposure!
    It'll be cool if she survives, though I'm looking in the gutter for everybody's hopes.

~ Le Messor
    "A good listener is not only popular everywhere, but after a while he or she gets to know something."
    ~ Wilson Mizner

I'm seeing Validator in Avengers #39 which came out as well today! Not really spoilers since she already joined

The whole (New) Avengers team appears in today's Avengers #43 APART from Validator. This HAS to be because she's being saved for a major plot point soon, surely?

Images

It must be.
    And don't call me surely.

Validator didn't make it into the roster published in today's Avengers Magazine. Marrina made it in, with a thumbnail icon taken from the cover of AFv4#6, but not Validator. On the other hand, Validator's thumbnail icon has been in every New Avengers and Avengers issue since this thread.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

*sigh*
    No pay off at all with Sunspot's Avengers, so no new Validator appearance.
    They have to be used in Secret Wars, surely? Else the team was put together for nothing...

Images

Sadly, that's not without precedent. Anybody else remember that time when Sunfire was a member of Alpha Flight? Me either. Maybe it's a Sun- thing? ~ Le Messor "Here comes the Sun- thing" ~ ... The Beatles?

I think Sunfire served a small purpose; he probably brought in a few more X readers and added to the sinister Dept. H-ness, but probably the main reason for him being there was to lead to Big Hero 6.
    In terms of Flight-lore though, you're correct.