Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight To Return In 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I only recently heard of the original Weird World, just before the new one was announced (in fact, that conversation might be somewhere in this very thread. Look it up? Whaddo I look like, some kind of guy whos nots lazy?). I wouldn't mind getting a chance to read it.
    When I heard of the Secret Wars one, I also heard about an ongoing to follow.
    It only appears like three or four times in printed Marvel.
    And apparently a recent (as in April) paper back was printed (which is pretty amazing, and now I must find it...)
    http://marvel.com/comics/collection/...rade_paperback

It's even on MyComicShop (and if you choose to buy it from there, might I recommend using the following link as it benefits my Podcast)

http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=27...fID=1055159P01
    Last edited by Tawmis; 09-05-2015 at 03:02 AM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Shipping from MyComicShip is prohibitive for me, unless I buy through eBaZon.
    Still, I'll have to check for that.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    It was just a mini-series for Secret Wars, same as Captain Britain. The new series will feature Black Knight as the main character
    The Black Knight series is set on Weirdworld but there's a Weirdworld ongoing by Sam Humphries & Mike Del Mundo.

Chances are, Alonso does mean Captain Britain, BUT it is Fan Expo this weekend so an announcement would make sense...

OoooOooo interesting. I thought humphries weird world was the black knight book. Didn't know there is a seperate weird world. Their going full in with the concept.

Should have looked it up first, but yeah Frank tieri and luca pizzari and doing the BK book

They're starting to realise that the superhero market is saturated so bringing in new(/old) genres and trying to get as many distinctly different books as possible.

Images

Suddenly all the threads are tied together! I might look at putting both of those on my standing order.

Well, nothing at Fan Expo, but NYCC is approaching fast.

Rob (or anyone else) will you be planning on attending any of the MU panels when they announce them?

*sigh*
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...devils-futures

Cebulski laid out a few ground rules about questions he couldn't answer over the next hour.

"Wolverine is still dead. Who knows when or if he is coming back? We can't tell you the end of 'Secret Wars,' and unfortunately, I have nothing to announce about 'Alpha Flight.'" As you might expect, the final bit disappointed quite a few members of the heavily Canadian crowd.

Images

Still, I've gotta admit, I'm actually a little impressed he went out of his way to single out Alpha Flight.

-sigh-

I can't tell if that's good or bad... Because right now, there's not a lot of good coming out of Marvel...

But they're throwing everything out there - some of their new books are like "Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat" which I think is supposed to match up against DC's new "Batgirl" type book.

With Marvel bringing back Red Wolf, maybe we could see at least Shaman, Talisman and Snowbird make appearances. He could make a trip to Canada after hearing how the First Nations are under attack and he runs into members of Alpha Flight.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Interesting to note red wolf was apparently supposed to team up with Sasquatch in 2011...maybe not our Sasquatch but who knows...
    "In a 2011 interview, writer Jason Aaron revealed that in his original outline of Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, the title characters would have been stranded in the 15th century where Spider-Man would have started the New World Avengers with Sasquatch, Red Wolf and an Aztec Ghost Rider."

I'd say it would have been a sasquatch, like the ones he used in his Hulk run, given the timing of the setting.

The cover artist for Red Wolf is of tribal descent, so maybe we can convince him to include Shaman and talisman on the cover at some point. lol. It would be nice to Have Alpha Flight somehow connected to the Red Wolf series somehow.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    With Marvel bringing back Red Wolf, maybe we could see at least Shaman, Talisman and Snowbird make appearances. He could make a trip to Canada after hearing how the First Nations are under attack and he runs into members of Alpha Flight.
    I would not hold my breath.

From what I have read of the description, it's going to be dark, gritty, and focus on crime and drama, and in the south.

(And I bet that this new Red Wolf will be female... not that has any impact with Alpha Flight - just Marvel's new MO)...