P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

World war Wed I go comes to an end.

Art wise barberi and Coelho do a great job.

So Northstar and Aurora rescue little amber from the wendigos. Snowbird , Storm and fire star get trampled and guardian gets eaten by Tanaraq. And Rockslide is stepped on.

Colossus, Kurt and Rachel are fighting sasquatch is starting to want to feed. Colossus then gets stabbed in the chest by wolveriwendigo. Aurora is, starting to trash or into a wendigo. Iceman comes to the rescue joking a mile a minute and gets a cut down by storm..lol its funny but mean at the same time. The great beasts asks to get freed. Storm makes a deal make us gods and we'll free you.

Colossus is losing against wolverine Rachel and Kurt almost get hurt by sasquatch. Tanaraq shows up to cause pain then in a very cool looking page comes the X - gods lol. God forms of Storm rock slide iceman and Firestar.

They put up a fight but Tanaraq gets the upper hand. Then guardian finally escapes Tanaraq by blasting a, hole in his chest. Killing him and effectively stopping the curse.

Later Heather shows up and returns to Mac. The little girl is reunited with, her dad but no sign of the mom. All teams are in good order all this is being narrated by logan to Peter as, he awakens.

The great beast help in thier own way to heal people and make, amends for one of thier own. And the, wendigo dies with, Tanaraq, no more curse.

I thought it was a decent ending. I'd of liked to, see more of talisman and puck this issue but they were absent.
    Last edited by Phil; 10-24-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Fan of Wolverine X-Men and Alpha Flight

So what's the current status of Heather and Mac's relationship, and what has become of their daughter? If you don't mind posting about it here, but it is a spoiler warninged thread anyhow...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

One of the last panels has Mac in a hospital bed with Heather at his side with a Wolverine 'voiceover' saying that the near death experience has brought them closer together than ever (paraphrased).
    No mention of Claire.
    Last edited by Phil; 10-24-2014 at 08:58 AM.

Was there more that brought them to this point? I'm so confused how they've gone from the status at the end of v4 to where they are now...
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

In a previous issue we saw Dr.strange in an interesting situation. Was that due to Tanaraq or something else going on in a different book. They really didn't explain that scene

Same. That's why I wasn't sure if it was actually connected. More then likely it was, but they didn't really touch on it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    In a previous issue we saw Dr.strange in an interesting situation. Was that due to Tanaraq or something else going on in a different book. They really didn't explain that scene
    With the (lack of) information given, I was going with something in a different book; but like you guys I could still believe it was meant to be Tanaraq.

~ Le Messor
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."
    ~ Martin Fischer

I just took it as a throwaway panel to explain why Talisman was the only one whose magic could save the day; highlighting the significance of her injury.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I really enjoyed this issue.
    I thought they wrapped in up in a good way, with both teams working together to beat Tanaraq and Mac saving the day.
    It was nice seeing the Great Beasts again. I always thought they were Alpha's best villains (with all due respect to the Master).
    Still think they could have squeezed one more panel into the "hospital bed" pages at the end to show Talisman recovering with Puck at her side.
    One question... with Tanaraq supposedly dead, will (or should) that have an effect on Walter transforming into Sasquatch?
    Your thoughts...
    The Flight Forever !

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

with Tanaraq supposedly dead, will (or should) that have an effect on Walter transforming into Sasquatch? Your thoughts...
    I kind of felt like they were disconnected through these issues - obvs, Tanaraq still had some control over Walter, but if it was enough to stop Walter's transformation, technically they shouldn't both exist at the same time (since Tanaraq IS Sasquatch).

OTOH, given Byrne's origin for Walter - it should.

But this isn't Byrne's origin Walter - we have to remember that.
    It's Snowbird, changing into Sasquatch, possessed by Walter. Which, with Byrne's rules, would still be enough for Tanaraq to control him (remember wayyy back in Uncanny #140 when Snowbird nearly lost control to the spirit of the wolverine).

So... I'm a go with 'no'.

~ Le Messor
    "A critic is someone who knows the way, but can't drive the car."
    ~ Anonymous
    Last edited by Le Messor; 10-26-2014 at 04:08 PM.

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

walter should be fine. This isn't the first time Tanaraq has died. So we should see him again. In the same story we saw a great beast which was killed decades ago. Though it's possible perhaps hercules brought him back to life with the other beasts unitentially

this also won't be the last we see of the wendigo either.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 10-27-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

But this isn't Byrne's origin Walter - we have to remember that.
    It's Snowbird, changing into Sasquatch, possessed by Walter. Which, with Byrne's rules, would still be enough for Tanaraq to control him (remember wayyy back in Uncanny #140 when Snowbird nearly lost control to the spirit of the wolverine).

So... I'm a go with 'no'.

~ Le Messor
    "A critic is someone who knows the way, but can't drive the car."
    ~ Anonymous
    dont forget in the annual heather warned snowbird that Tanaraq took over her. Also pestilence when he took over the avatar of the beasts used that to control her.

Images

Good points, -K-M-.

Am I the only one incredibly sad that this arc is over?
    Regardless of if anyone thought AF was written well, or if continunity was followed or not, I just liked seeing AF in something current.
    And now it's over. AND I WANT MORE.