Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New Warriors to end with issue #12.

  1. #1
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,255

    Default New Warriors to end with issue #12.

    As Alpha Flight fans, and having been a part of the Save the Flight campaign - I would like to do something similar for New Warriors.
    http://newwarriors.com/archives/2366

  2. #2
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,073

    Default

    The issue is, you needed to start this campaign around #6.

    The last script will have been written a month or so ago and the writer will have new projects already in the pipeline.

    The artist will have the script and will be close to starting on it.

    By the time something is announced as cancelled it's too late to change it 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The issue is, you needed to start this campaign around #6.
    The last script will have been written a month or so ago and the writer will have new projects already in the pipeline.
    The artist will have the script and will be close to starting on it.
    By the time something is announced as cancelled it's too late to change it 90% of the time.
    Oh, I agree. I think the only comic I can think that managed to do this successfully was Spider-Girl (and that has a pretty big base, being so closely tied to the Spider-Man Universe, and probably an assortment of females who enjoyed seeing an iconic figure as a female). Even in my post, I mention it's going to be pretty much impossible - but still worth the try anyway.

  4. #4
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,073

    Default

    Yeah, Spider-Girl was definitely something of an anomaly!

    I commend you for trying though; it's always good to show your love for books. Far too many online spend their time discussing books they hate rather than books they love.

  5. #5
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, Spider-Girl was definitely something of an anomaly!

    I commend you for trying though; it's always good to show your love for books. Far too many online spend their time discussing books they hate rather than books they love.
    This is very, very true...

  6. #6
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,715

    Default

    I've always noticed a strange crossover appeal between New Warriors and Alpha Flight. In many ways, the books are nothing alike - but they seem to appeal to the same people.

    ~ Le Messor
    "I hate the people who love me, and they hate me."
    ~ Bender

  7. #7
    Alpha Flight
    Tawmis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    The Shi'ar Throne
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I've always noticed a strange crossover appeal between New Warriors and Alpha Flight. In many ways, the books are nothing alike - but they seem to appeal to the same people.

    ~ Le Messor
    "I hate the people who love me, and they hate me."
    ~ Bender
    Obscure, niche characters.

    Until they become popular, like Northstar. And I am banking Firestar, will soon become popular as well...
    Last edited by rplass; 08-21-2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •