Thread: Alpha Character Mention in New Warriors

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Default Alpha Character Mention in New Warriors

I'm a little uncertain if this is the place to put this, but:

New Warriors, current volume (in 2014), #8.
    Speedball is looking for a better name for Haechi; he starts asking himself 'Who's that Chinese dragon guy? Jade Dragon!'

Just thought I'd bring it up.

~ Le Messor
    "Neurotic: Self-taut person."
    ~ Author Unknown

Probably because Yost did research for Alpha Flight, since he's writing New Warriors and Amazing X-Men.
    (For those not picking up New Warriors, you really, really, really, really should!) Like REALLY should.
    Best Marvel book out there. (Which may not be saying much, but it really is!)

Wow that is a super obscure reference. I'm surprised Jade Dragon was ever mentioned haha

aaaaaand the series is now cancelled.Not many books last past 12 now that aren't the Avenger, X-Men or Spider-Man

NEW WARRIORS #12
    CHRISTOPHER YOST (W)
    MARCUS TO (A)
    Cover by STACEY LEE
    • SERIES FINALE! It’s been a hard road for the New Warriors, and after fighting the Evolutionaries, and saving the planet once or twice, things reach their shocking conclusion!
    • After months of battling, the New Warriors finally find some measure of peace, but will it last?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

You a fan on the New Warriors Facebook page, KM?

Nope, but never knew there was one haha. I like the team though, even have three copies of Amazing Spider-Man Annual #22

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Nope, but never knew there was one haha. I like the team though, even have three copies of Amazing Spider-Man Annual #22
    Ah, all right. Someone on the New Warriors facebook page had the same "sound" as your post ("aaaaaand the series is now cancelled.Not many books last past 12 now that aren't the Avenger, X-Men or Spider-Man") - mentioning even specifically, that if it's not a brand like X-Men, Avengers or has Wolverine in it, Marvel won't give it a chance.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    • SERIES FINALE! It’s been a hard road for the New Warriors, and after fighting the Evolutionaries, and saving the planet once or twice, things reach their shocking conclusion!
    It'd be nice if it made it past one story, too.

~ Le Messor
    "Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by stupidity."