P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE...

Well...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

This issue has pretty much redeemed most of my quibbles with the other two issues (No Claire mention though, sorry folks).

I had a bit of an issue with Northstar's dialogue; about Aurora (as KM mentioned here) and about children - have Kyle & Yost not read the legendary #106? And Aurora makes a comment implying she wasn't at JP's wedding when she clearly was, but other than that AF were a major part of this issue.

I loved the way the teams are split up and everyone is shown and Sasquatch's beastial nature makes sense given the context - Great Beasts over Gamma.

Plus, Mac & Talisman are alive!

Awesome issue. Very happy. I'll give my full rundown shortly

Yeah I could possibly in the next day or two. Doing some house shopping tonight

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

now who was that in the last panel? We know the great beasts are involved due to the upcoming solicits. Perhaps......Mauvais? If so that's some nice research. Wouldn't put it past him to be able to do this and possibly beat strange (or was he like that from something else?) as in his original appearance strange said he was unsure if he could beat him and was terrified of him.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Perhaps......Mauvais? If so that's some nice research. Wouldn't put it past him to be able to do this and possibly beat strange (or was he like that from something else?) as in his original appearance strange said he was unsure if he could beat him and was terrified of him.
    That's a possibility I hadn't considered.

My guess was a new character. Some sort of original Wendigo-Great Beast.

Yeah I think that's a definite possibility. They have been introducing new great beasts as of late. Would that retcon the Inua creating the curse though or will they still keep that intact? Hmmm...

I still wanna know why/how Tanaraq took over surturs army

Really? No one else has picked this up?

it has the entire team in it

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

ALERT !!!

Great issue. Feeling much better about the storyline than I did after #9.
    I'm also liking the artwork... I think Alpha Flight is being drawn really well, and also they are being given some good dialogue.
    And -K-M- I think you're right about the villain being Mauvais... his backstory would fit perfectly into this arc. Hoping some of the Great Beasts make an appearance.
    The only part that caused any confusion was the Dr. Strange panel... is that something else that's going on with him, or is it related ?

Looking forward to #11.
    The Flight Forever !

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Really? No one else has picked this up?

it has the entire team in it
    I didn't see Mrs. Four-toes, did I? And Jeffries is still off somewhere. But yeah, I saw 9 Alphans, the whole team (the big eight) from AF#1 plus Talisman

Also Sasquatch is smart again? I thought he was dumb. Well that's good. Also liking the Guardian suit variant.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Now you're amking me want to check it out, darn you!
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

I didn't see Mrs. Four-toes, did I? And Jeffries is still off somewhere. But yeah, I saw 9 Alphans, the whole team (the big eight) from AF#1 plus Talisman

Also Sasquatch is smart again? I thought he was dumb. Well that's good. Also liking the Guardian suit variant.
    Well she is a wendigo so maybe we did, maybe we did. Yeah would like Jeffries to return

yeah me too. Can't remember if he was fixed during the Mayan rule ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Remember to leave

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE...

Well...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

This issue has pretty much redeemed most of my quibbles with the other two issues (No Claire mention though, sorry folks).

I had a bit of an issue with Northstar's dialogue; about Aurora (as KM mentioned here) and about children - have Kyle & Yost not read the legendary #106? And Aurora makes a comment implying she wasn't at JP's wedding when she clearly was, but other than that AF were a major part of this issue.

I loved the way the teams are split up and everyone is shown and Sasquatch's beastial nature makes sense given the context - Great Beasts over Gamma.

Plus, Mac & Talisman are alive!
    I also noticed Aurora implying she wasn't at the wedding. Interesting...

Sasquatch getting all bestial does indeed make sense the closer they get to the "wound of the mountain" and I love Colossus's comment "Sasquatch seems... unreliable" as it helps deliver what's coming next.

Bringing back the Alpha Flight team that is so close to the original (considering the Great Beasts connection) brings me back to Alpha Flight volume one issue one. That's one of my favorite comic issues of any ever written for Marvel. John Byrne has always been a fan fav of mine. His issues of the Avengers West Coast made that series. Golden touch. But I digress... Marvel NOW needs Alpha Flight back in the line-up with an art and writing team that have made the Amazing X-Men one of my must buy comics every month!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    That's a possibility I hadn't considered.

My guess was a new character. Some sort of original Wendigo-Great Beast.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Possibly...

Maybe...

Amazing X-Men #10

Last Page...

Isn't that Dark Beast?!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    I didn't see Mrs. Four-toes, did I?
    That's a GREAT point.
    If Heather survives this is an easy way to fix that; when she transforms back from Vindigo to human she'll have her toes restored. Magic!

Also Sasquatch is smart again? I thought he was dumb. Well that's good.
    He was smart in Astonishing #51 which took place after Mayan Rule, so it happened off panel between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthenticVIP View Post
    Isn't that Dark Beast?!
    I thought that at first, art wise but I don't think it is him after recent UXM issues, plus the way he spoke/font/bubble used.
    I may be wrong though.