Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Movie?!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I have seen Guardians of the Galaxy (twice now), and seeing how well they detailed Rocket's fur (he looked very life like!) - I could see them successfully pulling off a large CGI of Sasquatch.
    Me, too! Saw it again last night!
    Still love it.

Guardians, as obscure as they are,
    ... and if they can make those five Guardians work onscreen, what's one more?

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Quicksilver's inclusion in both films proves that there are grey areas...
    The mutant thing is true, but there are any number of easy excuses they could make for the twins to have powers, I wouldn't really call it a problem.
    I'd think the Quicksilver thing would cover the mutant thing.

Department H exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, that has to be worth something, right?
    One can only hope.

Great list.
    But (minor spoilers)

the portrayal of the Nova corps in Guardians makes an earthly Nova very unlikely - not impossible, but unlikely.

I'm also loving the idea of an Alpha Flight movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    And the fact that Fox used an old couple named Hudson in their films (and we never learned their first names, did we?)
    Yes, we did. They were Heather and... Travis.
    Travis? What?

(Though I still think of them as Jonathan and Martha...)

~ Le Messor
    "Nature abhors a vacuous experimenter."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 08-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.

I don't see it happening. Too much working against it, I think. Hollywood folks might think nobody cares about Canadian heroes. Plus, it's tough to have a superhero team movie, since Hollywood will insist on starting with the origins of the characters. It was doable with the Fantastic Four because they all got their powers at the same time. It was doable with the X-Men, because they're all mutants, so you don't really need to explain the origin of each individual character. It was possible with the Avengers because each character had their own movies first, and the Avengers movie was a sequel to those, in a sense. With Alpha Flight, they're not all mutants, and I don't see all of them getting their own movies. There's also the percepction that they're X-Men clones.

By the way, that is a nice list in the link. I'd go see any of them. Add the Legion of Super-Heroes to my list of "I'd love to see a movie, but it's never going to happen" movies.

Images

That may be true, D - but most of that would've been said about Guardians of the Galaxy not that long ago. Meaning, there's always room for Jell-O hope.

~ Le Messor
    "Necessity has no law."

Yup, we can always hope.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/7-Mar...-43359-p2.html just to say Marvel may or may not be planning on making AF.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Unfortunately, even that article theorises that the copyrighting is only to block Fox, and not to make a movie.

But, that's no reason to believe they won't make it!

Y'know, I was just thinking recently how weird it would've been, how I would've reacted, if you'd told me a few years ago that one day Marvel's movies would be better than their comics.

From the looks of it, that article is just based on the old trademark filings from December, which turned out to pertain to digital comics.

From the looks of it, that article is just based on the old trademark filings from December, which turned out to pertain to digital comics.
    Which I might add, they're taking forever getting the original run all the way added. They have like the first 8 issues of Byrne's run in there, and that's it.

Which I might add, they're taking forever getting the original run all the way added. They have like the first 8 issues of Byrne's run in there, and that's it.
    I believe all of the full runs are available on Marvel Unlimited.

I believe all of the full runs are available on Marvel Unlimited.
    Nope, just the first 8 still

Though all of Vol's 3 & 4 are there.

Phil beat me to it. I have Marvel Unlimited right now, because of the 99 cent deal they did.

Yeah... I'm not sure what factors are involved... whether it's lack of demand, the fact that Classics Vol.2 is still in print, or a royalties issue.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah... I'm not sure what factors are involved... whether it's lack of demand, the fact that Classics Vol.2 is still in print, or a royalties issue.
    Well, it's obviously not X-Factor. They weren't even a team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, they do that with a few things. Like West Coast Avengers has like #1, #2, then skips to like #42 or something.