Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alpha Flight Movie?!

Talisman wouldn't need her origin changed.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Talisman could be a spellcaster.

Edit:
    Sorry, Phil, hadn't seen your comment above (which I basically repeated).
    Last edited by Le Messor; 06-27-2015 at 05:46 PM.

Boards been quiet so thought I would ask a question about the movie....Who would you want to direct it? (I can only assume no one says Kevin Smith but he loves Canada).

How would you feel if he (Kevin Smith) was to write a Alpha Flight series?
    Last edited by Mekko Hotvle; 07-17-2015 at 06:27 PM.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    Who would you want to direct it? (I can only assume no one says Kevin Smith but he loves Canada).
    Whedon.
    No question for me.
    (Though other people could do it, and do it well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
    How would you feel if it was to write a Alpha Flight series?
    Uh... Do you mean if Kevin Smith did?
    I'd read the first few issues, then be incredibly likely to drop the title like a hot rocks polka. He'd have to really surprise me with those first few issues to get me to keep reading.

Then again, I guess I've never read his comics, so I can't really back that up.

~ Le Messor
    "Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems."
    ~ René Descares
    "That's how bureaucracies happen."
    ~ Me.

I corrected my previous post to show that I was meaning Kevin Smith. I like the job he did writing for the first 12 issues of The Green Hornet.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

I think an AF comic needs to be written by someone with an old school superhero sensibility. And I mean that in an extremely complimentary way.
    My first pick would be Kurt Busiek.
    Failing that Peter David, Ty Templeton or maybe Erik Larsen.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think an AF comic needs to be written by someone with an old school superhero sensibility. And I mean that in an extremely complimentary way.
    Is there another way to take it?

I do know that if I'm not enjoying the current style (for any given value of 'current'), the solution is not to give me an old title done in the current way.

I don't know Templeton's work, though I think I've read some of it somewhere.

~ Le Messor
    "If you took away everything in the world that had to be invented, there'd be nothing left except a lot of people getting rained on."
    ~ Tom Stoppard

Default Alpha Flight movie...

In the past we have talked about the casting for the roles of Alpha Flight members. And yes I still believe that the roles of Aurora and Northstar should be changed to twin sisters and played by Shannon and Shauna Baker. Adam Beach as Shaman. Ashley Callingbull as Talisman. But that aside, who should be the villains and who do you think should play the villains.

On another side note, hope everyone is doing well. I have yet to get a copy of Captain Marvel #1 but hope to get one this weekend.

J.R. Wind

Images

I don't remember the twins as sisters theory. I'm very used to them as brother and sister at the moment, though.

I like the idea of DreamQueen as a villain, partly because she'd be fairly easy to pull off... though her powers less so. Then again, New Line managed it for years on a smaller budget.

The Master would work, too. The Great Beasts, specifically Tundra, if they wanted to blow their budget.

Those are my picks; but note: every Marvel movie villain so far has been an equivalent of the hero, same origin, often pretty much made by the hero. Hulk Abomination. Iron Man Iron Monger, Whiplash, Hammer, Extremis / A.I.M.. Captain America Red Skull. Thor Loki. Big Hero 6 guy with Hiro's nanobots. Ant-Man Yellow Jacket. Guardians (bunch of mostly aliens) bunch of aliens. I'm running out of memory, but you've got the idea.

The most likeliest by a long shot, a very long shot, is Omega Flight.

~ Le Messor
    "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."
    ~ Jesus

Yeah, Jaxon would make a lot of sense, film-wise.

Joshua Lord as the Master would work IMO, more as a modern eugenicist megalomaniac. Delphine Courtney, Alec Thorne as his top scientists, Langkowski rejects him for AF, Puck is hired away from SHIELD to run security and after the Master tries to destroy H Langkowski becomes Sasquatch, Puck trains a team of him, Nemesis, Talisman, and one more, Heather reluctant to wear the suit, story writes itself.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

I'd want him to stick closer to the comics, which I think they could do, but I could see them doing your version.

Some will be interested in this...
    -----
    New Warriors tv show with Squirrel Girl is in the works

http://www.superherohype.com/news/38...l-in-the-works

Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Some will be interested in this...
    New Warriors tv show with Squirrel Girl is in the works
    I've heard about that. Potentially quite fun!