Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Movie?!

Default Alpha Flight Movie?!

Hey, I'm a HUGE alpha flight fan, I added them to my list of Superhero teams that deserve to have a movie of their own, since the more obscure guardians of the galaxy is now a hit-check it out!

http://universaldork.com/2014/08/02/...wn-movies-too/

do you guys think it's a possibility?

It's possible. As of right now, very unlikely. But possible, sure.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Mutants are Fox only. So you couldn't do Alpha Flight unless Fox does it since they have Northstar and Aurora. I think it is a possibility for Northstar or Aurora to appear in an X-Men or Wolverine movie. We also saw the name "Hudson" in the first Wolverine movie (Fox) and names listed of Alpha Flight members and teams in X-Men 2 from 2003 (Fox), that's it for now. Unless something incredible happens.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Mutants are Fox only. So you couldn't do Alpha Flight unless Fox does it since they have Northstar and Aurora. I think it is a possibility for Northstar or Aurora to appear in an X-Men or Wolverine movie. We also saw the name "Hudson" in the first Wolverine movie (Fox) and names listed of Alpha Flight members and teams in X-Men 2 from 2003 (Fox), that's it for now. Unless something incredible happens.
    Just never say whether the Aurora and Northstar are mutants, and they could easily get around that.

I have seen Guardians of the Galaxy (twice now), and seeing how well they detailed Rocket's fur (he looked very life like!) - I could see them successfully pulling off a large CGI of Sasquatch.

I think Alpha Flight has the diversity to make it into a movie. Sadly, there isn't enough love from Marvel. Guardians, as obscure as they are, hit the ground running when Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning wrote them - and tied it all into the space opera that they overlooked - in the Annihilation Conquest. That put a lot of characters on the map - Guardians included.

Now Bendis is writing them, and doing horribly at it. Oh well. Nothing great lasts forever.

All depends on where the movie rights lie. If they're with Fox, it'll never happen. If AF transcends the X/Wolverine brand for these purposes, anything's possible, especially with the massive success of Guardians of the Galaxy proving that it can pay to take risks on lesser known properties.

Basically, until the day I am explicitly told otherwise, I'm assuming Marvel's May 2019 release date is for an Alpha Flight film. Ssssshhhh, it's such a wonderful little dream to have.

Also, I said it elsewhere but:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The problem with an MCU AF would be that they wouldn't be able to have Northstar & Aurora, or at least have them as mutants because Fox own the rights to mutants (Though it will be interesting to see Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch's powerset in Avengers 2), and Mac & heather won't be able to be named Hudson as again, Fox owns those names due to the bastardization in X-Men:Origins - Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The problem with an MCU AF would be that they wouldn't be able to have Northstar & Aurora, or at least have them as mutants because Fox own the rights to mutants (Though it will be interesting to see Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch's powerset in Avengers 2), and Mac & heather won't be able to be named Hudson as again, Fox owns those names due to the bastardization in X-Men:Origins - Wolverine.
    Not necessarily, Quicksilver's inclusion in both films proves that there are grey areas, that just because a character was used in one franchise doesn't mean they (or their name) are automatically off-limits in another. It just depends on if the Hudsons are considered to essentially be Wolverine supporting cast, or if Alpha Flight is its own entity independent of the X-Men books they debuted in. And until explicitly told otherwise, I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE.

The mutant thing is true, but there are any number of easy excuses they could make for the twins to have powers, I wouldn't really call it a problem.

Department H exists in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, that has to be worth something, right?

Oh yeah, totally.

A Puck, Marrina, Shaman, Sasquatch, Snowbird AF would be enough.

Very mystical and GreatBeasty.

I don't think there's a need to mention the term "mutant"...They only have to mention being born with their powers, being "genetically-gifted" or being a "leap in Evolution", etc...

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm curious as to whether there is a hard list of names of Marvel characters that Fox owns the rights to.

If there were, and if Alpha Flight members were on it, then I'd say, definitely no, only Fox would be allowed to use them.

Of course, if there were such a list, the chances that it would be so inclusive to have included Alpha Flight characters on it (other than maybe Northstar)? - Slim chance.

And the fact that Fox used an old couple named Hudson in their films (and we never learned their first names, did we?), that allows a lot of wiggle room, I'd say.

Still, I'm doubtful that we will ever see a Flight film from Marvel.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default CBR offers ideas for unlikely superhero teams we think are ready for a movie

I like this list. New Warriors AND Alpha Flight. Win/Win.

Merged thread with recent Alpha Flight movie thread
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

They could do a movie like this:
    Mac's dead, Heather runs a very small, underground Department H; "agents" have left for the U.S. and reformed SHIELD is trying to get rid of groups like Dept. H. Judd beats up jerks in a bar, gets hired by Heather to run security 'despite his past and the law'. He accepts, meets Nemesis (who sits there, no talk, sleep, or eat), Killjov (also no talk, but he works out, blades are formed by nannies, Judd knows who he really is [Outcast member] but says nothing), Shaman (wants to keep Talisman away from H), and Walter (who Judd thinks is dead, and is glad Heather has a scientist the equal of Reed Richards on staff, somehow). Nemesis calls him Puck when they finally meet.

Joshua Lord is filthy rich and a Utilitarian Utopian, wants to rid the world of suffering but really wants to create uber-humans like himself. He creates cyborgs and super soldiers for sale, keeps the unique ones for his own para-military. He has the power to wipe out hundreds of millions and remake the survivors into uber-humans.

Heather has the Vindicator suit Mac made but refuses to look at it. Lord, who refers to himself as Master, learns of Department H's continued existence and believes they need to be gotten rid of as they have access to intel that would expose him, even though they don't know it. Unfortunately for him they do discover it and let the news out. Lord denies it, calls it a conspiracy to sully his name all but sends his paramilitary to destroy H when Heather et al are called out by the government to answer for the leak and it's veracity. Lord's squad succeed in destroying H, since it's pretty much abandoned except for some soldiers (who they kill). The government is suspicious and lets Heather have another facility to run H from. Puck is incensed by the failure of people to realize what Lord is doing, and takes over to form Alpha Flight, now that he knows Walter is Sasquatch. Over Shaman's head he recruits Talisman. Nemesis finally does something and it's to agree with him, time to take out Lord. They go without Heather's blessing (she thinks it's all revenge, after all they have no corroboration of the intel on Lord at all). They sneak in and find children (Children of the Night, the sign says) who Lord is experimenting on to find the secret of perfect uber-humans. Against Heather's remote objections they lead the children to safety. Lord's squad is sent to kill AF and the children. Though they are outnumbered and alone Puck and his team hold out, but some children die. Master shows up in his advanced mech suit to end the battle but Heather shows up as Vindicator and kills him. Lord's team is defeated as Shaman and Talisman take away their abilities (they can come back in movie two as the Hardcases or whatever).

Back at H the five children start to die but Walter saves them. Heather keeps Dept. H with a slightly larger science/engineering staff (two more people) and AF gets to stay in the shadows. The children wake up and one finds she can move through objects, another can turn his body appendages into metal parts, another can hide in plain sight, another looks like an alien fish girl….
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.