Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../vb/legacy/post.php on line 280

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../vb/legacy/post.php on line 280

AlphaFlight.net - Le Messor
  • Le Messor

by Published on 04-15-2011 05:30 AM  Number of Views: 5871 
    Article Preview

Issue: Alpha Flight #2: Shadows of the Past / In The Beginning
    Writer / Artist: The one, the only, John Byrne!
    Cover Date: September 1983
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: Right after Rom #58

OVERVIEW:

The team is in training (except for Snowbird, who has to work), when Marrina goes mad and guts Puck. ...
    by Published on 03-18-2011 10:32 AM  Number of Views: 1800 
    Article Preview

Issue: Uncanny X-Men #109 / Classic X-Men #16
    Writer: Chris Claremont
    Artist: John Byrne / Kieron Dwyer
    Date Published: February 1977 / December 1987
    Alpha Appearance: Weapon Alpha
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: Right before Uncanny #'s 120-121, after Northstar's origin

by Published on 12-20-2010 08:34 AM  Number of Views: 2963 
    Article Preview

originally posted here
    Issue: Alpha Flight: Chaos War
    Writer: Jim McCann
    Artist: Reilly Brown
    Date Published: November 2010
    Alpha Appearance: Classic, original team! YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! (no Puck, though.)
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: Concurrent with Puck in Wolverine's Hell, after the Incredible Hercules Sacred War.

OVERVIEW: Chaos War is Marvel's latest crossover event. A Chaos King has awoken and is destroying the realms of sleep and death and all the gods and generally messing things up. Yep, it's another Tuesday on Earth 616.
    That's roughly everything I know about it, and all I care about it.
    I'll mention this bit of fridge logic, though:
    By destroying all the realms of death, he's sent all the dead back to life. (Blackest Day much?) By destroying the realm of dream, he's put everybody to sleep. That doesn't make sense! Shouldn't it hit the Marvel Universe like a coffee high? It isn't even internally consistent!
    by Published on 12-10-2010 11:02 AM  Number of Views: 3364 
    Article Preview

Issue: Crystar #11
    Writer: Jo Duffy
    Artist: Ricardo Villamonte
    Date Published: February 1985
    Alpha Appearance: Northstar
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: Alpha Flight #s 5 & 6

OVERVIEW:
    The final battle for the fate of Crystallium, the
    setting for this licensed title. Three Alphans get pulled into
    this world through a bizarre magical accident, to make sure good
    prevails, the planet is saved, and Kirk lives.

REVIEW:

Okay, I'm gonna move this issue back to before the JM / JP split. But I used to keep it between #s 16 and 17, so I'm reviewing it now.
    by Published on 11-04-2010 06:32 PM  Number of Views: 1948 
    Article Preview

Issue: Uncanny X-Men #528
    Writer: Matt Fraction
    Artist: Whilce Portacio
    Date Published: November 2010
    Alpha Appearance: Northstar
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: During several Alphans' tenure on Utopia Island (I keep this one with X-Men).

OVERVIEW:
    Hope continues her search for the Five. Two have been revealed, but who is the missing Cylon?
    Um... I mean, mutant.

REVIEW:

The Uncanny X-Men was a great series, once. I remember when it was mostly about characters, about people and thier struggles. I feel like it's been a long time since they've been anything more than one battle after another.
    This one (and the one before) gets back to that, a bit.
    I'm glad about that.
    by Published on 11-01-2010 01:58 PM  Number of Views: 1228 
    Article Preview

Issue: Wolverine: Origin of an X-Man
    Writer: Fred Van Lente
    Artist: Gurihiru
    Date Published: May 2009
    Alpha Appearance: Mac, Maddison Jeffries
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: I keep this one second in my Alpha collection, after Alpha Flight #-1 and before Wolverine #-1.

OVERVIEW:
    A free comic book day special, giving an early early Wolverine story.
    Something has turned a Canadian town into machines; Mac takes Wolverine to the town to figure out what's going on.

REVIEW:
    This is okay. It's not the best story, not the worst. There's a mystery set up, solvable if you know your Marvel history.
    The overrrun town feels not unlike a zombie movie, which adds to the whole thing; a deserted place where everyone you see is not quite themselves; though they at first seem to be dead dead, not walking dead.
    (It's not really a spoiler to say they're only mostly dead.)
    by Published on 10-12-2010 08:30 PM  Number of Views: 1429 
    Article Preview

Issue: What The --?! #6
    Writer: various
    Artist: various
    Date Published: January 1989
    Alpha Appearance: Shaman, Sasquatch, and Vindicator (insert funny versions of their names here) - cover only
    Period in Alpha Flight's history: irrelevant; parody

OVERVIEW:
    An old Marvel humour anthology:
    A take on Acts Of Vengeance, with very unsual villains facing Marvel characters - namely, DC villains.
    The Origin of The Pulveriser: Exactly what it says on the tin.
    Man-Thang vs. Swamp Thang: who made who? Who's back in black? Who shook me all night long?
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast