• Captain Marvel #9 Prostate Cancer Awareness Variant Revealed

Marvel have released the Variant Cover by Ryan Sook to this month's Captain Marvel #9 which is part of their Prostate Cancer Awareness themed series, and it features Sasquatch!

While the new artist for the issue hasn't yet been revealed, the original solicitation for the issue is as follows:

CAPTAIN MARVEL #9
    Ruth & Chris Gage (W) • KRIS ANKA (A/C)
    DEFENDERS VARIANT COVER BY Chris Samnee & Matt Wilson
    PROSTATE AWARENESS MONTH VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Sook
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • Captain Marvel thought she had it figured out—change the future and save lives. But as friendships turn cold, she has to decide how far she’s willing to go...
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Comments 14 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Nice. I'll for sure pick it up
      Phil -
      Yeah.
      It's a shame Puck isn't on it too, given the context of it, but it's a great cover nonetheless.
      Bill P -
      Exactly what I thought
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yeah.
      It's a shame Puck isn't on it too, given the context of it, but it's a great cover nonetheless.
      Le Messor -
      Prostate cancer? I would've gone with breast cancer myself (but if Marvel is doing a whole thing about it this month...)

edit: (... wait... why is Sasquatch white? Doesn't that mean it's Snowbird or Wanda Langkowski? Does that mean that they're raising prostate cancer awareness with a cover showing three people who can't even get it?)

That is kinda cool though. Unfortunately, as a Civil War tie-in, I'll be skipping it.

~ Le Messor
      "I have no fear of drowning, It's the breathing that's taking all this work."
      ~ Jars of Clay, Good Monsters
      Phil -
      Sas is definitely brown/orange there.
      I think the white tint is lighting in order to make it blue.
      Le Messor -
      I'm reading the blue as a substitute for white, which it often is in comics.
      Phil -
      The blue is the colour for Prostate Cancer Awareness.
      Le Messor -
      That makes sense. I thought it might be.
      swh_comicguy -
      Hopefully Marvel's random and controversial requirements for your local store to even order this cover, does not prevent them from doing so. Better to double-check if you're really wanting it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/29/controversy-over-marvels-prostate-cancer-variant-covers/
      Le Messor -
      ... one of the people posting in that article has Puck as a screen name.
      Just thought I'd mention it.
      Sypes -
      I'm unfamiliar with Sasquatches physiology, but wouldn't he have a prostate? I think he should see his doctor... Walter should be nearing the 40s and those checkups should be regular now.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Does that mean that they're raising prostate cancer awareness with a cover showing three people who can't even get it?)
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
      I'm unfamiliar with Sasquatches physiology, but wouldn't he have a prostate? I think he should see his doctor... Walter should be nearing the 40s and those checkups should be regular now.
      Walter would, Wanda wouldn't, which I think was Mik's point when he saw the snowsquatch version.
      Le Messor -
      Yep, that's what I was getting at.
      Sypes -
      Me not that smart...

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Yep, that's what I was getting at.