• Marvel Solicitations For September 2016

Marvel have released their Solicitations for comics shipping in September 2016, including the following titles that may feature Alpha Flight characters:-

C
    APTAIN MARVEL #9
    Ruth & Chris Gage (W) • KRIS ANKA (A/C)
    DEFENDERS VARIANT COVER BY Chris Samnee & Matt Wilson
    PROSTATE AWARENESS MONTH VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Sook
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • Captain Marvel thought she had it figured out—change the future and save lives. But as friendships turn cold, she has to decide how far she’s willing to go...
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CIVIL WAR II #6

Brian Michael Bendis (W), David Marquez (A), Marko Djurdjevic (C), Michael Cho (VC), Phil Noto (VC), King Jong Gi (VC).
    Sides have been drawn, battles have been fought, but it all comes down to this. Captain Marvel versus Iron Man over the future of the Marvel Universe, one of the biggest battles in Marvel history!
    40 pages, $4.99.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #12

Brian Michael Bendis (W), Valerio Schiti (A), Arthur Adams (C).
    * Civil War II tie-in!
    * The Guardians' allegiances are split right down the middle, and tensions have NEVER been higher!
    * Will they be too busy fighting to guard the galaxy?
    * Will that even matter if they can't leave Earth?
    32 pages, $3.99.

Reprints/Collected Editions:

DOCTOR STRANGE VOL. 2: THE LAST DAYS OF MAGIC PREMIERE HC

Written by JASON AARON, GERRY DUGGAN & JAMES ROBINSON
    Penciled by CHRIS BACHALO, LEONARDO ROMERO, DANILO BEYRUTH, MIKE PERKINS & MORE
    Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
    They've crossed the dimensions, purging each of all sorcery. Now the Empirikul are here. And with Earth's Master of the Mystic Arts weakened beyond measure, is there any chance of stopping them? The Sorcerer is no longer Supreme, and he'll find himself at the mercy of the Imperator! With his magic destroyed and his world on the brink of disaster, are there any more tricks left up Strange's sleeves? Or failing that, how about some cool weapons? Plus: As the Empirikul wreak havoc on magic users across the Marvel Universe, discover Wong's ultimate sacrifice, watch Brother Voodoo make a stand, and meet a new player just as she's about to lose the game! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (2015) #6-10 and DOCTOR STRANGE: LAST DAYS OF MAGIC #1.
    168 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9517-7
    Trim size: standard

Comments 26 Comments
      Phil -
      Looks like Sorcerers Supreme is getting a full series: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...or-marvel-now/

Hopefully Shaman is in it.
      -K-M- -
      I have my doubts to be honest. But we shall see
      Phil -
      Yeah, the rumours I've heard since make it sound like he definitely won't be.
      -K-M- -
      Also confirms machine man won't be joining alpha flight. Not sure why he is back to his Nextwave incarnation as he got rid of it

some random characters getting a book. I can't see most lasting that long.
      Le Messor -
      Is that Nightthrasher on that Foolkiller cover, or is that what Foolkiller looks like now? (The one doing the strangling, not the stranglee.)

~ Le Messor
      "I'm not a stranger. I'm the strangest."
      Phil -
      The latter.
      Le Messor -
      Thanks.
      Phil -
      CM #9 Defenders Variant: http://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL160923
      Phil -
      This could be nothing, but...
      http://marvel.com/cards/387/greatest_canadian_heroes
      Canucklehead -
      Why is Heather not included in the Alpha Flight section, but then named later on her own?

Alpha Flight (Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora, Guardian, Marrina, Northstar, Puck & Sasquatch), then Wolverine, Deadpool, Squid Boy and Heather...
      Phil -
      Assuming it's because at the time that image was from she was an enemy.
      Canucklehead -
      I guess, but she's literally in the Alpha Flight photo. And the article says "Greatest Canadian Heroes" and makes no mention of her brainwashing. And if they just mean Greatest Canadian Characters (Heroes/Villains), where's Sabertooth? You have the standard 3 of Alpha Flight, Wolverine, Deadpool and then Squid Boy? One of these things is not like the others. They even mention non-Canadian Alpha Flight members, Brand and Kawasaki, but not Carol Danvers?

It's just kind of an odd list.
      Phil -
      True, I was thinking of the opening image.

Maybe she's singled out because she's actually appearing in the issue...
      Le Messor -
      Looks to me like they were just trying to have fun with the concept.
      Phil -
      Yeah, definitely.
      Which fits with the tone of the book.
      Phil -
      Non-Alphan Preview of GOTG #12: http://www.cbr.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-12-4/
      While there's no Alphans included, it looks like it takes place just before they jump in to Civil War II #4 so we may get a cameo of Aurora/Puck/Sas
      Phil -
      Non-Alphan Preview of Power Man & Iron Fist #8: http://www.cbr.com/power-man-iron-fist-8/
      While no Alphans included, the last page of #7 indicated Puck will appear in #8
      Phil -
      Definite Alphans in GOTG #12; a few panels, no speech.