• Marvel Solicitations For August 2016

Marvel have released their Solicitations for comics shipping in August 2016, including the following titles featuring Alpha Flight characters:-

CIVIL WAR II: CHOOSING SIDES #5 (of 6)
    Declan Shalvey, Chip Zdarsky and ENRIQUE CARRION (W)
    Declan Shalvey, Ramón Pérez and ANNAPAOLA MARTELLO (A)
    COVER BY CAMERON STEWART & MATT WILSON AND DECLAN SHALVEY
    VARIANT COVER BY Ramón Pérez
    • As the body count rises, no one expected the biggest casualty of them all: Friendship. Will these Avengers betray their closest confidants to stay true to themselves?
    • Featuring Nick Fury, Colleen Wing and Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC 8/8/16, ON-SALE 8/31/16

CIVIL WAR II #5 (OF 7)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A)
    Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    B&W VIRGIN CONNECTING VARIANT F COVER BY KIM JONG GI
    VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO
    CHARACTER VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
    The devastating fallout from the first half of this event is enormous and being felt in every corner of the Marvel Universe. The truth about Ulysses’ future-seeing power is revealed and it is a game changer. Sides are irrevocably drawn and the gauntlet is thrown for the biggest battle in Marvel Universe history. And that’s just the stuff we can tell you. All this, and the story goes galactic!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    FOC 7/4/16, ON-SALE 8/31/16

CAPTAIN MARVEL #8
    RUTH & CHRIS GAGE (W) • KRIS ANKA (A/Cover) • MATT WILSON
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • No time for second-guessing, Captain Marvel is determined to change the future to protect the present.
    • With wins on her side, Carol knows her mission is the right thing to do, but does everyone else?
    • Sensational writing team Ruth and Chris Gage (Marvel’s Daredevil on Netflix) bring you a Civil War II story that will change everything for Captain Marvel.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC 7/11/16, ON-SALE 8/24/16

Possible Appearances:

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #11
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • VALERIO SCHITI (A)
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    MARVEL TSUM TSUM TAKEOVER VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • When things get rough for CAPTAIN MARVEL she calls in some friends from out of town.
    • WAY out of town…
    • Iron Man doesn’t stand a chance!
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    FOC 8/1/16, ON-SALE 8/24/16

Comments 44 Comments
      Legerd -
      Yay, for some Alphans being included in the event, but it's a tentative "yay" until I see how well they are written.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
      Yay, for some Alphans being included in the event, but it's a tentative "yay" until I see how well they are written.
      Well, at least two of those titles are by Bendis, who has been less than good for Alpha in the past.

~ Le Messor
      "He is poor who does not feel content."
      ~ Japanese proverb
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Well, at least two of those titles are by Bendis, who has been less than good for Alpha in the past.
      Oh. Scratch what I said then.

EDIT: On the upside though, CWII: Choosing Sides #5 isn't Bendis and does feature our Alphans so back to my yay being tentative.
      Phil -
      Yeah, the ones that actually showcase AF aren't by Bendis.
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yeah, the ones that actually showcase AF aren't by Bendis.
      I don't think Bendis likes using AF, and probably won't have them in anything he's writing--which I would be very okay with.
      Phil -
      Well, give it 10 hours and I'll let you know!
      Legerd -
      Cool.
      -K-M- -
      Oh and Sasquatch appears to still be a member. Maybe he isn't the traitor afterall. Hooray
      Phil -
      You wait ages for AF characters on a cover and then three come along at once!

I know not everyone's keen on the way AF are being used currently, but this could arguably be the highest their status has been in years.
      Good to see them actually involved in a crossover event, even if on the edge.
      -K-M- -
      I'm totally on board for this new rendition. They needed to be more accessible to other readers and this is really putting more of a spotlight on them

the last few issues of captain marvel have been dragging though
      Mokole -
      Well, I'm back, apparently, and I like that AF still is in it.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Oh and Sasquatch appears to still be a member. Maybe he isn't the traitor afterall. Hooray
      Thinking about it, we did know that this arc is set before the Spider-Woman appearances so should have already known for sure that it wasn't him/he was still with the team.
      -K-M- -
      True as she was just getting control of the space station in captain marvel#1
      Phil -
      Ramón Pérez has posted this on his Twitter:
      https://twitter.com/theramonperez/st...68877018976256

Attachment 5316

So I'm guessing that all but confirms the (all Canadian) creative team of Zdarksy and Pérez on the AF story!
      Guessing that means the Variant could be an AF one too!
      -K-M- -
      Love the ink work.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Very nice...I really like his style.

Dana
      Phil -
      Likewise. I loved his Puck from Uncanny X-Force.
      -K-M- -
      I think switching pucks costume from his classic digs was a solid choice to make him more credible. Seems everyone who writes or draws him becomes a fan
      Phil -
      GOTG artist Valerio Schiti has posted the following on Instagram/Twitter, which indicates that we'll definitely see the team in some of the issues:

Attachment 5373

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHZ3vrXhhUZ/

https://twitter.com/ValerioSchiti/st...24779125043205

Arm-wrestling Thing/Drax maybe?