• Marvel Solicitations For June 2016

Marvel have released their Solicitations for comics shipping in June 2016, including the following titles that may include appearances from Alpha Flight characters:-

CIVIL WAR II #1 (OF 7)
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A)
    Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
    CIVIL WAR II 1 BLANK COVER VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE (MAR160714)
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER B BY Kim JUng Gi (MAR160712)
    TEAM CAP HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY TERRY DODSON (MAR160713)
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ (MAR160711)
    VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN (MAR160709)
    SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN (MAR160710)
    VARIANT COVER BY MICHAEL CHO (MAR160708 )
    TEAM IRON MAN HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE (MAR160706)
    CHARACTER VARIANT BY PHIL NOTO (MAR160707)
    Hot Wheels VARIANT COVER BY MANUEL GARCIA (MAR160705)
    BATTLE VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE (MAR160704)
    GWEN-POOL PARTY VARIANT BY YASMINE PUTRI (MAR160719)
    IT’S HERE!
    The explosive first chapter in the comic event EVERYONE will be talking about. And we come out swinging with a blistering double-sized first issue from the creative team behind last year’s best-selling debut of INVINCIBLE IRON MAN and Miles Morales. A new Inhuman, with the ability to profile the future, emerges and the ramifications ripple into every corner of the Marvel Universe. Lines are drawn, bodies fall, and the Marvel Universe will be rocked to it’s very core. The action starts here!
    56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99 (MAR160703)
    (FOC 4/4/16 ON-SALE 6/1/16)

CAPTAIN MARVEL #6
    CHRISTOS GAGE & RUTH GAGE (W) • KRIS ANKA (A/C)
    CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT VARIANT COVER BY PASQUAL FERRY
    CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!
    • Old friends face off as enemies in an event that will change Captain Marvel’s life forever.
    • As war erupts, Carol finds herself at the forefront of battle. But after tragedy hits too close to home, how far will Carol go to fight for what she believes in?
    • This is Captain Marvel at her finest. In her toughest fight yet.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    (FOC 5/23/16, ON-SALE 6/15/16)

TIMELY COMICS: DOCTOR STRANGE #1
    Reprinting DOCTOR STRANGE (2015) #1
    (A STORY) and #2-3.
    72 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.00
    (FOC 5/16/16, ON-SALE 6/8/16)

TIMELY COMICS: ULTIMATES #1
    Reprinting ULTIMATES (2015) #1-3.
    72 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.00
    (FOC 6/6/16, ON-SALE 6/29/16)

THE UNCANNY X-MEN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC
    (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT with JOHN BYRNE, MARY JO DUFFY, SCOTT EDELMAN & BOB LAYTON
    Penciled by JOHN BYRNE & DAVE COCKRUM with JOHN ROMITA JR., BRENT ANDERSON,
    MICHAEL GOLDEN, PAUL SMITH, GEORGE PEREZ, JOHN BUSCEMA, BOB McLEOD, KEN LANDGRAF
    & JIM SHERMAN
    Cover by JOHN BYRNE
    Chris Claremont, Dave Cockrum and John Byrne took a little reprint series called X-MEN and turned it into the all-new, all-different titan that conquered comicdom. Now, you can experience the thrills and excitement of their classic tales from “The Dark Phoenix Saga” to “Days of Future Past” and so much more in this enormous Omnibus! Including the debuts of X-universe mainstays Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde, the threat of Mystique’s Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Magneto’s return, Wolverine’s first solo story and a rare Savage Land adventure — plus the original ending of “Dark Phoenix” and a host of bonus stories! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #132-141, UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #142-153, X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #4-5, AVENGERS ANNUAL #10, MARVEL TREASURY EDITION #26-27, BIZARRE ADVENTURES #27, PHOENIX: THE UNTOLD STORY, and material from MARVEL FANFARE (1982) #1-4 and MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #100.
    912 PGS./All Ages …$100.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90166-0
    Trim size: oversized

CAPTAIN MARVEL VOL. 1: RISE OF ALPHA FLIGHT TPB
    Written by MICHELE FAZEKIS & TARA BUTTERS
    Penciled by KRIS ANKA
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    Oh Captain, my Captain! Carol Danvers soars higher than ever with her greatest mission yet — leading Earth’s first line of defense, the all-new Alpha Flight space program! And some alums of the old-school Flight are along for the ride: Puck, Aurora and Sasquatch! It’s a bold new frontier for Captain Marvel, but can she handle being a diplomat first and a soldier second? She’ll face negotiations with alien delegates, passive-aggressive power struggles with Flight Commander Abigail Brand, an insatiable itch to be out on the front lines and the mystery of a ghost ship bearing the Star of Hala — the very symbol she wears on her chest! Plus: Carol’s powers are on the fritz, and all evidence says Alpha Flight has a traitor in its midst. You think your job is tough? Try Captain Marvel’s! Collecting CAPTAIN MARVEL (2016) #1-5.
    112 PGS./Rated T+ …$15.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9642-6

THE ULTIMATES: OMNIVERSAL VOL. 1:START WITH THE IMPOSSIBLE TPB
    Written by AL EWING
    Penciled by KENNETH ROCAFORT & CHRISTIAN WARD
    Cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
    Black Panther! Captain Marvel! Ms. America! Spectrum! Blue Marvel! Together, they form the ultimate super team, finding and fixing problems beyond the limits of the infinite! From cosmic forces lurking on Earth to whatever waits beyond the omniverse — they start with the impossible and take it from there! And what’s more impossible than ending the threat of Galactus…forever? The devourer of worlds is beyond good and evil. He’s a necessary part of the universe. The Ultimates have heard it all before — and respectfully, they disagree. The bigger they are, the harder they fall — but if they succeed in taking him down, what will take his place? Another problem: Spacetime is broken. And to solve that, the Ultimates can’t just think within the box. They need to go…outside! Collecting ULTIMATES (2015) #1-6 and material from AVENGERS #0.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ …$17.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9670-9

HAWKEYE & THE THUNDERBOLTS VOL. 2 TPB
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA & KURT BUSIEK
    Penciled by MARK BAGLEY, PATRICK ZIRCHER, GEORGE PÉREZ & PAUL RYAN
    Cover by MARK BAGLEY
    Earth’s mightiest marksman continues to steer the Thunderbolts to greatness in a volume filled with revelations! Citizen V is unmasked at last! A heartbreaking killer is exposed! And Moonstone learns far more than she bargained for about the source of her power! As the team enters a showdown with the V-Battalion, Sandman lends a great big hand — but can he be trusted? Wonder Man has it in for Atlas, and Black Widow swings by — could this be a warmup for a full-on Avengers/Thunderbolts crossover? You betcha! And Count Nefaria might be more than both groups can handle! Old friends return, and a new Scourge attacks — but as more secrets spill out, will this be the end of a beautiful friendship for Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts? Collecting THUNDERBOLTS (1997) #38-50 and AVENGERS (1998 ) #31-34.
    440 PGS./Rated T …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9547-4

Comments 39 Comments
      Phil -
      Interesting phrasing on the CM Trade...
      Le Messor -
      That phrasing does imply one of Our Guys is the traitor, but OTH, they do use the phrase 'Alpha Flight' to cover the entire space station. And we've already seen the traitor storyline.

Speaking of, I didn't know they'd brought Ward into continuity. Are we expecting Alpha in the S.H.I.E.L.D. comic, or is it just because it says it crams as many heroes as possible and we're playing the odds?

~ Le Messor
      "Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again."
      ~ F. P. Jones
      Phil -
      Oh, I meant the 'And some alums of the old-school Flight are along for the ride: Puck, Aurora and Sasquatch!' addition.
      I won't say too much about the possible traitor as #3's only just come out. They've not been revealed yet though...

As to AoS - yeah, the cram line. It's a hopeful possibility; especially as it's written by the husband of one of the current Captain Marvel writers!
      Mekko Hotvle -
      Am I the only one liking the Team Ironman Hip Hop cover? Just slam!!!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      As to AoS - yeah, the cram line. It's a hopeful possibility; especially as it's written by the husband of one of the current Captain Marvel writers!
      That is hopeful! Maybe we'll see members pop up soon?
      I'm one episode behind (plan to watch it tomorrow), but they haven't yet.

~ Le Messor
      "Fortune favors the prepared mind."
      ~ Louis Pasteur
      Phil -
      Oh, I meant the AoS comic listed above, not the show.
      Le Messor -
      Oh. Disappointment.
      Alphan East -
      I see that they are combining CM issues 1 - 5 into a TPB, and it looks like issue 6 begins her involvement in Civil War II.
      Do we know if Alpha Flight will be continuing on past the first 5 issues, or is that it?
      Phil -
      Unknown yet.
      -K-M- -
      No Alpha Flight in the FCBD Civil War 2 teaser. The rumors were true though about two characters, though one maaaaay survive.
      Phil -
      I'm not convinced we'll see any Alphans in the series to be honest.
      Unsure as to whether that's good or bad though.
      -K-M- -
      Being written by Bendis I think that will be a good thing if they don't

i think they will appear. He does have a history with them and currently tied to Captain Marvel
      Phil -
      It all depends how big a player Thanos is, in it.
      I assume he's been the catalyst for it, but whether he continues to be a major part of it that's enough to involve the space station remains to be seen.

The best we might get is the start of the arc in the CM book itself.
      -K-M- -
      He was the catalyst, but was defeated and captured. I honestly think his part is done in the story to be honest
      Phil -
      Aye, as I feared then.
      Likely no cosmic-ness. Although Rocket & Starlord get involved so who knows...
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      I'm not convinced we'll see any Alphans in the series to be honest.
      Unsure as to whether that's good or bad though.
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Being written by Bendis I think that will be a good thing if they don't
      Hmm... Maybe they won't appear, but will get killed off anyway?

~ Le Messor
      "Goodness is the only investment that never fails."
      ~ Henry David Thoreau
      -K-M- -
      Yeah the focus is behind a single inhuman that can see into the future. Really no reason they should be going into space but guess we shall see
      Le Messor -
      But the Inhuman has already seen!
      Phil -
      http://marvel.com/news/comics/26044/...captain_marvel

In July, writers Christos and Ruth Fletcher Gage join Kris Anka on CAPTAIN MARVEL and they bring war with them!
      https://twitter.com/Christosgage/status/721080553223495680

Attachment 5215
      -K-M- -
      ask again later? That doesn't sound good, as it shouldn't be a surprise if their still on the book