• Marvel Solicitations For March 2016

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of March 2016 including the following title featuring Alpha Flight:

CAPTAIN MARVEL #3
    MICHELE FAZEKAS & TARA BUTTERS (W) • KRIS ANKA (A/Cover) • MATT WILSON (C) VARIANT COVER BY JAMIE MCKELVIE & MATT WILSON
    WOMEN OF POWER VARIANT COVER BY EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    • Captain Marvel's powers are on the fritz and the timing couldn't be worse...
    • All evidence says that Alpha Flight has a traitor in their midst .
    • How will Carol and her crew figure out the origins of the mystery ship when they can't even trust each other?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
    FOC 2/8/16, ON-SALE 3/2/16

Comments 53 Comments
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Whew! They had me so worried.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      BTW...I feel the Captain Marvel/Alpha Flight is a really odd fit, it just feels like they are being shoe-horned into the gnu Marvel....I just hope it gives them some good exposure and maybe gets them a few new fans (a few thousand would be nice).

Dana
      Phil -
      It's an odd fit, but I like the bold attempt to move them away from X-books and give them a purpose.
      -K-M- -
      I'm totally for it. It's a new change of pace which they needed to become fresh for new readers. More spotlight the better
      Phil -
      Exactly.

There's nothing stopping them returning to Canada when they're more popular.
      Or even having the rest of the team deal with threats there in a book.
      Sypes -
      What could be some Alpha Flight related plot lines... I feel the Plodex could make a good return in this setting. The Great Beasts, a little less. What else?
      -K-M- -
      I always felt Dreamqueen was under utilized but have my doubts she will appear. If the PLodex appear expect the Master. Captain Marvel and him have a history too
      Phil -
      To be honest, I don't think we'll get anything AF related as a villain, but I'm alright with that.
      -K-M- -
      As am I. Only the Master and Plodex would be the only logical fit for the tone of this book from what I have read from previews. Maybe things will change as time goes on.

Change is good though. I feel this is a huge step in the right direction to get positive attention and some much needed respect for the team. For instance the words "Alpha Flight" is popping in a variety of books and in the past few months have been referenced more then they have in multiple years combined !!!!
      Phil -
      Yeah.

There's a lot of relatively new-to-comics fans that read Captain Marvel, especially female readers which is a great thing.
      It's a good time for a fresh entry point to the team without the horrible history spells.
      Plus speculators due to the film.
      Not sure AF will still be in the book when it's released, but there's always the chance.
      Alphan East -
      There is a famous Hollywood saying... "There is no such thing as bad publicity".
      This is getting Alpha flight noticed by a whole new wave of readers. Plus, it may be rekindling interest in some others who may have left Alpha Flight behind.
      Hoping to see as many AF characters in this series as possible.
      Phil -
      Exactly. Agreed 100%.

I'm loving the concept, and the art.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      It's an odd fit, but I like the bold attempt to move them away from X-books and give them a purpose.
      Hmm... between that and what I just posted on another thread... maybe that's the reason? Maybe moving them away from the 'X' like this will give Marvel the movie rights?

CM is having her own movie soon, so if suddenly they're 'her' team, then Marvel may be able to film them?
      Marvel did release two dates for Phase 3, without attaching film titles to them.

(Or maybe not, since they did premiere in X-Men, and that's relevant to the byzantine movie rights issues.)

~ Le Messor
      "Doing the right thing is not the problem. Knowing what the right thing is, that's the challenge."
      ~ Lyndon Johnson
      Canucklehead -
      Here's my attempt at a Variant Cover:
      Alphan East -
      Well done.
      -K-M- -
      That's impressive. Well done
      Canucklehead -
      Thanks! Let's just hope it comes true some day!
      Le Messor -
      I like the star constellation in the background.
      Garry/Al-Fan -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Yeah it was supposed to be temporary

I don't have much to add as to how long Narya is temporarily released from the mystic ban; my concerns center around Narya's ancestry and the burden placed upon her regarding the Great Beasts.
      swh_comicguy -
      We can hope that Alpha Flight is now considered a broader group consisting of personnel down in the Triskelion and on the space station , so hopefully it isn't one of our beloved heroes that is the traitor. I'm hoping it's Abigail Brand.

While I don't mind Walter wearing a vest or whatever it is, why wouldn't he also have shorts, as well?