• Marvel Solicitations For March 2016

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of March 2016 including the following title featuring Alpha Flight:

CAPTAIN MARVEL #3
    MICHELE FAZEKAS & TARA BUTTERS (W) • KRIS ANKA (A/Cover) • MATT WILSON (C) VARIANT COVER BY JAMIE MCKELVIE & MATT WILSON
    WOMEN OF POWER VARIANT COVER BY EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
    • Captain Marvel's powers are on the fritz and the timing couldn't be worse...
    • All evidence says that Alpha Flight has a traitor in their midst .
    • How will Carol and her crew figure out the origins of the mystery ship when they can't even trust each other?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99
    FOC 2/8/16, ON-SALE 3/2/16

Comments 53 Comments
      Phil -
      Yes!
      Such a great cover!!!

And my guess was right!
      Canucklehead -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yes!
      Such a great cover!!!

And my guess was right!
      I wasn't too far off either
      Phil -
      Heh, indeed!

I like that her starburst effect has been kept.

I also like Walter having some team uniform elements.

I also also like Puck still in a jacket and having a beard.
      -K-M- -
      I wonder if it's just those three from the original team. Maybe Mac and heather provide support to some degree.

As mentioned in the other thread can't see shaman being on this incarnation. Maybe talisman though
      Phil -
      I'd take those 3 over no-one in a heartbeat!

Talisman is a good guess if she's still in a relationship with Puck...
      -K-M- -
      Oh for sure. I could still see snowbird on ground level as she wouldn't be able to do the space stuff. Guess we shall see. Still early

great exposure for the team.
      Phil -
      Well, her Canada-only curse was lifted so there's nothing to stop her, technically.

And yup; potential for appearances in Ultimates, Spider-Woman, A-Force, New Avengers...
      Legerd -
      Yay for AF finally appearing, boo for the traitor idea. Can't we move past "AF being it's own worst enemy" story lines? Anyway, I will wait to see how well they are written before giving thumbs up or down. Hoping this will be good.
      Phil -
      As long as the traitor isn't 'crazy' Aurora...
      Alphan East -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Well, her Canada-only curse was lifted so there's nothing to stop her, technically.
      Yes, her curse was lifted. And if I remember correctly, didn't Snowbird go into space with Hercules as part of his "God Squad" during the Secret Invasion storyline?
      I'm ecstatic to see these three in a series again... maybe Mac and Heather are assisting from ground level.
      As for the traitor... the best guess would have to be Jeanne-Marie.
      Mokole -
      Nice to finally have proof that it is AF.
      -K-M- -
      I thoght the spell being lifted was only temp?
      Phil -
      I didn't think it had affected her since her reincarnation...
      -K-M- -
      In secret invasion it was brought up and the gods lifted it so she could join the God Squad. Might have been in her one shot too but they mentioned they like the border limitation as it keeps her close by in case the great beasts return
      Phil -
      Wasn't she off planet dealing with the Plodex in Vol.3 and in America in UXM #421-422
      -K-M- -
      Yes. But both those issues were not known for their quality writing.
      -K-M- -
      Yeah it was supposed to be temporary

Alphan East -
      But then, we all know that time is relative in the Marvel Universe... so "temporarily" could be awhile.
      -K-M- -
      I doubt it as previously mentioned the Inua like her stuck in Canada just in case a Great Beast fight occurs. I could see it just being ignored though like the examples PHil listed
      Phil -
      It can be explained as the God's temporarily release her each time, I suppose.