• Alpha Flight Confirmed - Captain Marvel #1 Preview Pages

Marvel.com have an interview with Captain Marvel series artist Kris Anka, along with some preview pages from the series, two of which Alpha Flight fans WILL want to take a look at...

From “Marvel’s Agent Carter” writers Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas plus artist Kris Anka, the All-New, All-Different version of the title not only re-envisions Captain Marvel as a kind of space diplomat, but also brings about some new elements to her outward appearance. Carol Danvers now leads Alpha Flight, but this group does more than protect just Canada. In fact, they keep the entire Earth safe from extraterrestrial threats that pop up.
    So that's confirmation on Alpha Flight being the actual team we know and love, and Puck, Aurora and Sasquatch in the series for definite, answering the speculation, questions and fears we had.

2016 looks to be a good year for the 'Flight!

CAPTAIN MARVEL #1 by Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas and Kris Anka is released on January 20th

Final Order Cut-Off is December 21st - Diamond Code: NOV150738

Kris Anka will be celebrating the launch with a signing at Fantastic Comics in California on January 23rd
    Comments 27 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Amazing!!!! Not going to lie I was worried for a long time it wasn't our team. Now I got to get that flag made ��

I wonder what guardian will do now? I could see Marrina being on the team too
      Phil -
      Look for the team to have appearances in The Ultimates as well!
      -K-M- -
      Great exposure for the team
      -K-M- -
      Can't see shaman being on the team maybe that's why he is becoming a regular in dr.strange
      Phil -
      Judging from what's going on in the MU at the moment, magic is going to be a big thing and I'm guessing Shaman got earmarked.

Although Brother Voodoo is on Uncanny Avengers so he could well pull double duty still, and be on the base as a physician.
      -K-M- -
      That was my thinking too. Though I could see talisman staying on the team.
      Legerd -
      I'm a little surprised they didn't put Heather in the story since she is a strong, female character, and one of the leaders of AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Judging from what's going on in the MU at the moment, magic is going to be a big thing and I'm guessing Shaman got earmarked.
      I would hope Talisman would show up somewhere as well. Again, if they want more "powerful" women and minority heroes then she would be a two-fer.
      Phil -
      There's still a chance.
      The #3 cover isn't necessarily all we're getting.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Truly, I thought it would be Heather and Mac in space with Carol (if it was revealed that "our" Alpha Flight was being used in the CM book). Sasquatch flying a spacecraft as part of a flight squadron, just seems so odd to me.

Dana
      Legerd -
      Check out the third preview page here. I think that's Sasquatch meditating under the tree.
      Phil -
      Yup! Check http://alphaflight.net/content.php?8...8Unlettered%29

Also, not sure if that's Aurora in the panel to the left of it?
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      Sasquatch flying a spacecraft as part of a flight squadron, just seems so odd to me.
      Definitely odd, but I like it!
      The meditation panel mentioned above could tie-in to it, I suppose...
      Legerd -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yup! Check http://alphaflight.net/content.php?8...8Unlettered%29

Also, not sure if that's Aurora in the panel to the left of it?
      Ah, I didn't notice you had posted it already. That could be Aurora, but it's hard to tell since everyone is dressed in an AF uniform. Which reminds me, I wanted to know if Carol is in charge of AF the team as well as AF the squadron, or no?
      Phil -
      I imagine we were posting at the same time.

And that we don't know, but I think that the team & squadron are one and the same; so the former.
      Legerd -
      Okay, thanks for that. Don't like the team being under "foreign control" so to speak, but whatever gets the characters in a book.
      EDIT: What I mean is I don't like the idea of heroes from outside the team being in charge of it. It makes it seem like none of them are good enough to do the job so they had to outsource it to a "competent" hero.
      Le Messor -
      I wouldn't say "this group does more than protect just Canada" alone is confirmation... but that isn't all we have to go on. There's Sasquatch meditating, and apparently the cover to #3? - so, yay!

~ Le Messor
      "Don't be stupid. We have world leaders for that."
      ~ bumper sticker
      Phil -
      Zoom in on the second page, fella.
      Le Messor -
      Wow... I'd thought those were the same pictures I'd seen in colour on a different thread, but yeah, that's also definite!
      swh_comicguy -
      Why is Walter flying a spacecraft while transformed? I can only think of disadvantages.

While I can see Kris trying to show each character's scale while in the cockpit: the cover for issue #3 shows that he didn't quite nail it. Walter should be squished up against the canopy, while Eugene should be struggling to see over the controls.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for this series, as my monthly All-New All-Different Marvel pull list fairly sparse. Like everyone else, I'm glad to see a few of our favourite characters getting some much needed attention. I just hope that the creative team appreciates what has come before. I'd rather see most of the team in supportive roles for a squadron of spacecraft, rather than pilots themselves. I don't recall any of the three shown above flying the Omnijet.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
      I'd rather see most of the team in supportive roles for a squadron of spacecraft, rather than pilots themselves. I don't recall any of the three shown above flying the Omnijet.
      Puck flew a DeHaviland Otter (don't ask how he got it) in The Gift (the first X-Men / Alpha Flight crossover).

~ Le Messor
      "Don't forget until too late that the business of life is not business but living."
      ~ B.C. Forbes, founder of Forbes magazine