• Sasquatch To Appear In House Of M #1

Over at Comic Book Resources this week's edition of their regular X-Position series focuses on new X-Men Editor (and friend of AlphaFlight.net) Mark Paniccia and his editorial team.
    Included within the piece are preview pages from August's House Of M #1 by Marco Failla, as part of Secret Wars, of which one shows Sasquatch as part of Magneto's Guard.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-beyond-part-1

In the original 2005 series Sasquatch appeared briefly in two fight scene panels in issues 6 & 7 but we never really got to see much of him.

The follow-up mini series House Of M: Masters Of Evil also revealed that Madison & Lionel Jeffries, and Diamond Lil were also members of the Guard so there's always the possibility we may see them too!
    Comments 9 Comments
      -K-M- -
      We'll I honestly didn't expect he would appear just because he was only in the main series so briefly. Maybe someone can jog my memory was there anyone else that wasn't a mutant on magnetos guard?
      Sypes -
      Maybe Marvel thinks of Alpha Flight as being all mutants... Puck was in X-men, now Sasquatch in Magneto's world
      -K-M- -
      Well in Hulk v2 sure seemed like they were implying Sasquatch was a mutant. We know it's not true, but you know....comics
      Phil -
      I think while in Hulk v2 they were definitely focusing on the fact he had been gamma irradiated (which he has, even if it wasn't actually the source of his power) they weren't implying he was a mutant. And let's not even touch on the lupine thing from Wolverine

Sasquatch is, arguably, considered a mutate like Spider-Man. While it's not strictly true in a sense and while he's definitely not a mutant , he's nearer a homo-superior than he is a homo-sapien. That would be enough in Magneto's regime; Doom & Black Panther were given positions of power.

Puck was definitely not thought of as a mutant, apart from that one artwork slip-up in Uncanny Avengers where he was raptured where the Editors have admitted fault.
      -K-M- -
      I'll have to pull out the issue but didn't a-bomb outright call them mutants except for snowbird?

black panther and doom were leaders of a country and already had that power before magneto took over. Was there anyone else more doing grunt work or in his inner circle?
      Phil -
      The A-Bomb thing rings a bell actually so you're probably right. I don't think that's representative of the wider MU though, thankfully.

I don't believe there were any other non-mutants in his inner circle, but as I say the mutate thing swings it.
      Or failing that, Sasquatch's greatest wish was to be a mutant.
      Le Messor -
      It's a fairly common thing, too. There seems to be an idea that 'first appeared in X-Men' = mutant. (I've recently re-read an issue of New Warriors where they called Juggernaut a mutant. I can't think of an example, but it MUST have happened to Sauron, too.)

~ Le Messor
      "Always remember that you're unique, just like everybody else."
      ~ Anonymous
      Phil -
      Wasn't quite sure where to put this, but there was also a Young Sasquatch in Giant Size Little Marvel: AvX #4 amongst the fight scene:

Attachment 4816

I missed him the first few times!
      Le Messor -
      So cute!
      He does kinda blend into the background there.