• Alpha Flight To Return In 2015?

In this week's Axel-In-Charge column at Comic Book Resources, Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso gets asked the following question regarding Alpha Flight:

Let's wrap the week with a few questions from the CBR Community: macroblaster1999 has taken note on some perceived lower-tier characters getting a spotlight recently at Marvel, and asks, "Are there plans for less-known teams like the Great Lakes Avengers or Alpha Flight?"
    Great Lakes Avengers…?

"Cannot predict now."
    Alpha Flight…?
    "Signs point to yes."

Whilst we've had similar sort of hints previously this does look to be a bit more solid and encouraging, although whether it just means guest appearances remains to be seen. However this close to the end of the World war Wendigo arc of Amazing X-Men it sounds like something more could be in the works, possibly as a result of the Secret Wars event?

This article was originally published in forum thread: Did anybody see this? started by maniac mike View original post
    Comments 109 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Interesting to note red wolf was apparently supposed to team up with Sasquatch in 2011...maybe not our Sasquatch but who knows...
      "In a 2011 interview, writer Jason Aaron revealed that in his original outline of Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine, the title characters would have been stranded in the 15th century where Spider-Man would have started the New World Avengers with Sasquatch, Red Wolf and an Aztec Ghost Rider."
      Phil -
      I'd say it would have been a sasquatch, like the ones he used in his Hulk run, given the timing of the setting.
      Mekko Hotvle -
      The cover artist for Red Wolf is of tribal descent, so maybe we can convince him to include Shaman and talisman on the cover at some point. lol. It would be nice to Have Alpha Flight somehow connected to the Red Wolf series somehow.
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mekko Hotvle View Post
      With Marvel bringing back Red Wolf, maybe we could see at least Shaman, Talisman and Snowbird make appearances. He could make a trip to Canada after hearing how the First Nations are under attack and he runs into members of Alpha Flight.
      I would not hold my breath.

From what I have read of the description, it's going to be dark, gritty, and focus on crime and drama, and in the south.

(And I bet that this new Red Wolf will be female... not that has any impact with Alpha Flight - just Marvel's new MO)...
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
      From what I have read of the description, it's going to be dark, gritty, and focus on crime and drama...
      Then I'm going to move from 'that'd be cool' to 'I hope AF doesn't appear'.
      But that's just my tastes.

Also, it's mostly the good stuff stars women, not the grim'n'grittyisitstillthe90s stuff.

~ Le Messor
      "It will never rain roses; when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees."
      ~ George Eliot
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Then I'm going to move from 'that'd be cool' to 'I hope AF doesn't appear'.
      But that's just my tastes.
      Also, it's mostly the good stuff stars women, not the grim'n'grittyisitstillthe90s stuff.
      Well Marvel seems to be making everyone in the Marvel Universe female, and doing away with their male counter parts.
      Phil -
      Well, this could well relate to this...
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Well, this could well relate to this...
      Funny. Someone on the CBR forum mentioned the same thing on the Alpha Flight thread (that I have tried to keep alive) - and said more news to be released at NYCC.
      Le Messor -
      Keep the dream alive!
      Hit the snooze alarm.