• Alpha Flight To Return In 2015?

In this week's Axel-In-Charge column at Comic Book Resources, Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso gets asked the following question regarding Alpha Flight:

Let's wrap the week with a few questions from the CBR Community: macroblaster1999 has taken note on some perceived lower-tier characters getting a spotlight recently at Marvel, and asks, "Are there plans for less-known teams like the Great Lakes Avengers or Alpha Flight?"
    Great Lakes Avengers…?

"Cannot predict now."
    Alpha Flight…?
    "Signs point to yes."

Whilst we've had similar sort of hints previously this does look to be a bit more solid and encouraging, although whether it just means guest appearances remains to be seen. However this close to the end of the World war Wendigo arc of Amazing X-Men it sounds like something more could be in the works, possibly as a result of the Secret Wars event?

This article was originally published in forum thread: Did anybody see this? started by maniac mike View original post
    Comments 109 Comments
      Phil -
      It was just a general question, but it was asked 1 issue away from the end of World War Wendigo so it wasn't about that.

I genuinely think we're gonna see AF in this whole Secret Wars Battle Wars/Last Days thing, either as a oneshot, part of an anthology or guest appearance.
      Mokole -
      Not much news one way or the other but speculation could be right. If they do appear in Secret Wars I'm guessing it'll either be not good, again, or as background characters, not using Sasquatch's brains, Guardian's, or any of the other characters strong abilities or power sets. Yes, I'm pessimistic.
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
      Not much news one way or the other but speculation could be right. If they do appear in Secret Wars I'm guessing it'll either be not good, again, or as background characters, not using Sasquatch's brains, Guardian's, or any of the other characters strong abilities or power sets. Yes, I'm pessimistic.
      Probably with good reason (being pessimistic). Because at the end of the latest New Warriors series (which was GREAT! So pissed it got canned...) - anyway, they say at the very end, "Don't worry - you will be seeing some of them very soon! Sooner than you'd expect!"

And I suspect - this is Secret Wars reference. And that it's going to be alternate time line versions of them or something. Or their current versions, battling for their life...
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
      the latest New Warriors series... it's going to be alternate time line versions of them or something.
      From the little I've seen of the Secret Wars alternate realities, one of them could be based on the Sphinx's from the original series.

~ Le Messor
      Alvin: "My name is Alvin the treacherous, and I've earned it!"
      Roughnut: "How do you earn the name Alvin?"
      ~ Dreamworks Dragons
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      From the little I've seen of the Secret Wars alternate realities, one of them could be based on the Sphinx's from the original series.

~ Le Messor
      Alvin: "My name is Alvin the treacherous, and I've earned it!"
      Roughnut: "How do you earn the name Alvin?"
      ~ Dreamworks Dragons
      That's what I am thinking...

Which had an alternate version of the Avengers... which is probably why they'd highlight it (and not really the New Warriors, who will probably be background characters to these Egyptian version of the Avengers)...
      Le Messor -
      Yeah, that sounds about right.
      Phil -
      You're not the only ones thinking it:
      http://www.newsarama.com/23295-a-tra...-part-one.html
      Le Messor -
      Yes, I thought I saw Horus (well, 'somebody from that world' in my head) in one of the pictures!
      Thanks, Phil.

Secret Wars is actually starting to look interesting to me. Go figure.

~ Le Messor
      "A mind is a fire to be kindled, not a vessel to be filled."
      ~ Plutarch
      Le Messor -
      So, no information.
      I'm not sure that 'this character will show up' counts as a spoiler, though. (It can, admittedly, but unless Alpha Flight's appearance is climactic, suspenseful, and explains a lot, I doubt that applies here. Oh! But wouldn't that be COOOL!!!)

Is anybody here planning to buy them all, whether AF show up or not?

~ Le Messor
      "A person who speaks cleverly is witty; one who asks questions is smart."
      ~ Terry Carr
      Phil -
      I'll get the main LS but only AF appearing spin offs/tie-ins.
      Le Messor -
      Cool! Let us know if AF show up (as if I need to tell you that. :P)

I'm actually tempted to get it myself, but pretty undecided right now.

~ Le Messor
      "A place for everything and everything in its place."
      Phil -
      Egyptia has been confirmed as the Forever Yesterday storyline: http://marvel.com/comics/events/323/secret_wars_2015

Not AF related I know, but hey; we're all friends and fans of the underdog here...
      Le Messor -
      Cool! It's not just an underdog thing; for some reason, there's a lot of New Warriors / Alpha Flight love crossover. (ie: Many of us are fans of both.)
      Phil -
      If they're bringing back Night Nurse & Millie The Model, SURELY they're bringing AF back???http://marvel.com/news/comics/24031/...t_wars_journal
      Le Messor -
      ... Are they Administrative Night Nurses?

(Little Black Books joke there...)
      Hasn't she appeared in the last couple of years? Like, Daredevil, or Luke Cage, or someone like that needed medical attention and went to her?

~ Le Messor
      "A professional is one who does his best work when he feels the least like working."
      ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
      Tawmis -
      Well, "Alpha Flight"'s return may be tied to this (and thus not really Alpha Flight, but several Alpha Flight members)...
      https://www.facebook.com/Marvel/phot...type=1&theater

Canucklehead -
      According to Bleeding Cool, Marvel has just registered the trademark for Northstar and other Marvel Characters.
      Le Messor -
      Hmmm... Marvel comics or Marvel Movies?

~ Le Messor
      "Success is more dangerous than failure - the ripples break over a wider coastline."
      ~ Graham Greene