• Alpha Flight To Return In 2015?

In this week's Axel-In-Charge column at Comic Book Resources, Marvel Editor-In-Chief Axel Alonso gets asked the following question regarding Alpha Flight:

Let's wrap the week with a few questions from the CBR Community: macroblaster1999 has taken note on some perceived lower-tier characters getting a spotlight recently at Marvel, and asks, "Are there plans for less-known teams like the Great Lakes Avengers or Alpha Flight?"
    Great Lakes Avengers…?

"Cannot predict now."
    Alpha Flight…?
    "Signs point to yes."

Whilst we've had similar sort of hints previously this does look to be a bit more solid and encouraging, although whether it just means guest appearances remains to be seen. However this close to the end of the World war Wendigo arc of Amazing X-Men it sounds like something more could be in the works, possibly as a result of the Secret Wars event?

This article was originally published in forum thread: Did anybody see this? started by maniac mike View original post
    Comments 109 Comments
      Canucklehead -
      Is this another speedster that has multiple movie right holders?

You would think they would register Aurora at the same time though. Might be a new Mini or Ongoing.
      Phil -
      And from this week:
      http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...y-awesome-hulk

We'll take off for the long weekend with kaijudo, who has an observation and a question: "No word yet in the ANAD Marvel U about two of my favorites: Captain Britain and Alpha Flight. Any plans for either of those characters/titles?"
      Alonso: Stay tuned for good news, I think.
      50/50 chance...
      Le Messor -
      Interesting!

Coming soon from Marvel: Captain Britain And Alpha Flight!
      -K-M- -
      Most likely a continuation of "Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders" from Secret Wars. They just made Weirdworld an ongoing.
      Tawmis -
      I would love to see a good, solid, Alpha Flight series again...
      I just don't have much faith in Marvel.
      Le Messor -
      K-M-:
      I thought WW was already ongoing?

Tawmis:
      I'm sorry, but I agree with you.
      -K-M- -
      It was just a mini-series for Secret Wars, same as Captain Britain. The new series will feature Black Knight as the main character
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      It was just a mini-series for Secret Wars, same as Captain Britain. The new series will feature Black Knight as the main character
      When they originally announced Weird World, I was excited... and thought Marvel was going to do something very different... and make it the original Weird World series (with the two elves)...
      Le Messor -
      I only recently heard of the original Weird World, just before the new one was announced (in fact, that conversation might be somewhere in this very thread. Look it up? Whaddo I look like, some kind of guy whos nots lazy?). I wouldn't mind getting a chance to read it.

When I heard of the Secret Wars one, I also heard about an ongoing to follow.
      Tawmis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I only recently heard of the original Weird World, just before the new one was announced (in fact, that conversation might be somewhere in this very thread. Look it up? Whaddo I look like, some kind of guy whos nots lazy?). I wouldn't mind getting a chance to read it.
      When I heard of the Secret Wars one, I also heard about an ongoing to follow.
      It only appears like three or four times in printed Marvel.
      And apparently a recent (as in April) paper back was printed (which is pretty amazing, and now I must find it...)
      http://marvel.com/comics/collection/...rade_paperback

It's even on MyComicShop (and if you choose to buy it from there, might I recommend using the following link as it benefits my Podcast)

http://mycomicshop.com/search?TID=27...fID=1055159P01
      Le Messor -
      Shipping from MyComicShip is prohibitive for me, unless I buy through eBaZon.
      Still, I'll have to check for that.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      The Black Knight series is set on Weirdworld but there's a Weirdworld ongoing by Sam Humphries & Mike Del Mundo.

Chances are, Alonso does mean Captain Britain, BUT it is Fan Expo this weekend so an announcement would make sense...
      -K-M- -
      OoooOooo interesting. I thought humphries weird world was the black knight book. Didn't know there is a seperate weird world. Their going full in with the concept.

Should have looked it up first, but yeah Frank tieri and luca pizzari and doing the BK book

Phil -
      They're starting to realise that the superhero market is saturated so bringing in new(/old) genres and trying to get as many distinctly different books as possible.
      Le Messor -
      Suddenly all the threads are tied together! I might look at putting both of those on my standing order.
      Phil -
      Well, nothing at Fan Expo, but NYCC is approaching fast.

Rob (or anyone else) will you be planning on attending any of the MU panels when they announce them?
      Phil -
      *sigh*
      http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...devils-futures

Cebulski laid out a few ground rules about questions he couldn't answer over the next hour.

"Wolverine is still dead. Who knows when or if he is coming back? We can't tell you the end of 'Secret Wars,' and unfortunately, I have nothing to announce about 'Alpha Flight.'" As you might expect, the final bit disappointed quite a few members of the heavily Canadian crowd.
      Le Messor -
      Still, I've gotta admit, I'm actually a little impressed he went out of his way to single out Alpha Flight.
      Tawmis -
      -sigh-

I can't tell if that's good or bad... Because right now, there's not a lot of good coming out of Marvel...

But they're throwing everything out there - some of their new books are like "Patsy Walker AKA Hellcat" which I think is supposed to match up against DC's new "Batgirl" type book.
      Mekko Hotvle -
      With Marvel bringing back Red Wolf, maybe we could see at least Shaman, Talisman and Snowbird make appearances. He could make a trip to Canada after hearing how the First Nations are under attack and he runs into members of Alpha Flight.