• Amazing X-Men #10 Preview

Marvel have released a 4 page Preview of next week's Amazing X-Men #10, part 3 of the World War Wendigo storyline guest starring Alpha Flight:

(W) Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost (A) Carlo Barberi, Iban Coello, Walden Wong, Rachelle Rosenberg

World War Wendigo Part 3 (of 5)!

• As the Wendigo virus runs rampant through Canada, one of the X-Men falls prey to the deadly plague!
    • Guest-starring Alpha Flight!

Comments 20 Comments
      Mokole -
      Again, the writer's say that Talisman was the only one who could stop this and the X-Men are so lame and stupid that they couldn't do the obviously easy thing and protect Talisman.
      -K-M- -
      Occasionally miss his sister? Guy for years and years was ultra protective of her for crying out loud.

Overall, I'm still really enjoying this story. However, from the previews we see Colossus saying Wolverine-Wendigo is to strong for him, and prior to thatwe Rockslide in one shot easily sends one flying? Bah!
      AuthenticVIP -
      So Guardian, Talisman, Puck, Sasquatch, Aurora, Snowbird and Northstar are in this issue. Heather/Vindicator is missing, but mentioned to be there somewhere.

I've read the comic and it has some surprises. No Spoiler here folks! But just you wait until the final page!
      Canucklehead -
      Quote Originally Posted by AuthenticVIP View Post
      So Guardian, Talisman, Puck, Sasquatch, Aurora, Snowbird and Northstar are in this issue. Heather/Vindicator is missing, but mentioned to be there somewhere.

I've read the comic and it has some surprises. No Spoiler here folks! But just you wait until the final page!
      No spoilers but this line got me scratching my head:

Aurora: "They told me you were married Jean-Paul..."

Wasn't she at the wedding?
      Phil -
      Yup.

Sloppy...
      Bill P -
      So true - So sloppy. It would be a really great story if it wan't for that. I still feel a little dirty with the whole Puck/Talisman thing.
      Sypes -
      So I've been to three different comic book shops in Toronto, and I can't find this issue ;( Good sales or did they just order less?
      Phil -
      I've got a copy you can have, but I live nowhere near a post office so it'll probably be like a year before I actually get it to you... (Hi Rob, Merr *looks guilty*)
      Sypes -
      I'm not worried. Worst to come, I'll get it electronically
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      When does #11 come out - When does #11 come out - When does #11 come out?! LOL!
      Flightpath07 -
      I just read this.

I liked it. It was a fun issue, some humour thrown in there, lots of characters from different teams, all fighting on the same side.

I didn't have a problem with the wedding comment made by Aurora - it may have just been meant as a 'joke' to lighten the mood. It isn't necessarily a slip by the writers or editors.

From the little bit we see of Marrina (from behind), I'd say that this issue looks to be continuing her Volume 4 persona. I'm okay with that, although i am sure some would rather see her retconned back to her older self.

Not sure who the baddie is in the last page reveal, but thinking he is inter-dimensional in nature? Not too sure he is anyone Alpha has fought before, looks like he just used the Wendigo fiasco to cover up his breaking into our dimension. But we shall see. Actually, i am thinking last issue's attack on Talisman was orchestrated by the baddie, who therefore might be controlling the Wendigos, so as to keep her from coming and shutting down his entry point to our world.

I thought Alpha got a decent amount of panels in this book, and am happy with the way they were written. My continuing small complaint is that Mac still seems to be drawn looking more like his younger cloned self than how he should be drawn.

Looking forward to the next issue.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Not sure who the baddie is in the last page reveal, but thinking he is inter-dimensional in nature? Not too sure he is anyone Alpha has fought before,
      If it's Mauvais, as some people believe, I think Alpha were in the issues he appeared in.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      If it's Mauvais, as some people believe, I think Alpha were in the issues he appeared in.
      I remain unconvinced of that being who he is, at this time.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I remain unconvinced of that being who he is, at this time.
      If it's not Mauvais, as some people believe, I don't have enough information about whether Alpha were in the issues he appeared in.
      Phil -
      Wolverine #171-172.

I'm not completely convinced it is him, I'm thinking more along the lines of the original Wendigo Great Beast, but Mauvais would be a nice touch and a nice villain for AF to fight again.

With Ranark in Vol.4 it's nice to see some recurring villains fill up Alpha's rogues gallery.
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      I'm pretty sure it's Mauvais.

Dana
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      I'm pretty sure it's Mauvais.

Dana
      Yes, I have changed my mind, it probably is Mauvais.
      Le Messor -
      It's definitely evil...
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Lol!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Yes, I have changed my mind, it probably is Mauvais.
      ...Aaaand we're both wrong...LOL! It now makes sense why Sassy was having urges that were seemingly out of character.

Dana