• Marvel Solicitations For October 2014

Marvel have today published their solicitations for comics shipping in October 2014, of which the following titles contain confirmed Alphan Appearances:-

AMAZING X-MEN #12
    CRAIG KYLE & CHRIS YOST (W) • CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    • This is it! The conclusion to WORLD WAR WENDIGO!
    • Will the combined forces of the X-Men and Alpha Flight be enough to save an entire nation from this deadly, cannibalistic plague?
    • And how do the GREAT BEASTS fit into the mayhem that surrounds Canada?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

FOC 9/29/14 On-Sale 10/22/14
    Comments 21 Comments
      Mokole -
      Combined forces? I seriously doubt the rest of AF will show up. WE want Puck to be a hero, and Talisman not dead, for starters, and AF to get the glory, not interlopers (even if it is called X-Men). Marvel does that a lot, have the American heroes go to a foreign country and usurp what local heroes should do but "can't".
      Phil -
      Hopefully Sas, Shaman & Snowbird will turn up next issue - the Spirit Realm and the Great Beasts are definitely their territory.

I'm not bothered about AF getting the glory; just not treated like a joke - which they haven't been so far; they've been solid plot-driven supporting characters.

I'd like to see Talisman survive, but I'd rather she die than any of the originals.
      -K-M- -
      Great Beasts??? YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! YES! I love the Great Beasts
      Flightpath07 -
      Perhaps they consider Wolverine, Northstar, Puck (all of whom are actually X-characters, now, it seems to me) and Talisman to be Alpha Flight? I see nothing here that screams out to me that the rest of Flight will show up. Oh, wait, Heather and Mac are somewhere around here, too.

Anybody hoping to see more Alphans...what, do you expect Marrina to show up and save the day?
      -K-M- -
      Sasquatch is set to appear.
      Mokole -
      Thing is, they are saying "well, she had the way to beat them so the Wendigos had to take her out." But that means the X-Men are idiots, as they did not protect the one person who could end this mess.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      Sasquatch is set to appear.
      We don't know that for sure; a cover isn't necessarily representative of the inside.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
      Thing is, they are saying "well, she had the way to beat them so the Wendigos had to take her out." But that means the X-Men are idiots, as they did not protect the one person who could end this mess.
      Ah, somebody is thinking. Of course, thinking isn't allowed in comics. Nor is being a fanboy (or fangirl) okay, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      We don't know that for sure; a cover isn't necessarily representative of the inside.
      I thought that was a Wendigo on the cover, not Sas.
      -K-M- -
      very true, but now with the addition of the great beasts in the story? Think it's a safe bet he will be there

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post

It was him unless it was a colouring error
      Phil -
      Wow. Nice to have some Alphans on the cover!

But...what a horrible looking Sasquatch! And, is ti just me, or does that somehow look more like the Volume 2 Mac (Synth Mac)?

Definitely Sas.
      Phil -
      To be fair, I didn't see her 'death' coming the way it did; I can fully understand why the X-Men didn't protect her from the specific person that initiated it.
      Flightpath07 -
      To be fair, I didn't see her 'death' coming the way it did; I can fully understand why the X-Men didn't protect her from the specific person that initiated it.
      To be fair, though, the X-Men should know that the most dangerous person is ALWAYS Wolverine.
      Le Messor -
      To be fair, though, the X-Men should know that the most dangerous person is ALWAYS Wolverine.
      Which is why he's the one person they probably counted on the most to protect her, not threaten her.

I mean, my first thought was 'How can HE be turned to Wendigo? His healing fact-- oh." I can imagine his teammates instincting the same way.

~ Le Messor
      "Nature always sides with the hidden flaw."
      GingrBeard -
      Marvel, sometimes you're just too good to us Alpha Flight fans... only sometimes though. SERIOUSLY, can I get an on-going? I mean, Hawkeye comes out once every 2 months. I'd settle for that!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Hopefully Sas, Shaman & Snowbird will turn up next issue - the Spirit Realm and the Great Beasts are definitely their territory.

I'm not bothered about AF getting the glory; just not treated like a joke - which they haven't been so far; they've been solid plot-driven supporting characters.

I'd like to see Talisman survive, but I'd rather she die than any of the originals.
      Noooooooooo! I like Elizabeth and would like to see her with Alpha more often.

Dana
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      I hope Sassy, Snowy and Shaman show up, but I'll take who I can get at this point...LOL.

Dana
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
      I hope Sassy, Snowy and Shaman show up, but I'll take who I can get at this point...LOL.
      You and Bachman-Turner Overdrive both!

~ LM
      "You ain't seen nothin' yet!"
      ~ BTO
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Lol!
      cmdrkoenig67 -
      Spoilers....
      Liz will probably become a Wendigo too?

Dana
      rplass -
      And the Deadpool Photobomb variant for Uncanny X-Men #27 has an image of Sasquatch in the background: