• Amazing X-Men #11 Solicitation

Comicbook.com have an EXCLUSIVE preview of the September 2014 X-book solicitations which includes Amazing X-Men #11, guest starring Alpha Flight:

AMAZING X-MEN #11

CRAIG KYLE & CHRIS YOST (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    Part 4 (of 5) of World War Wendigo!
    • As the Wendigo threat spreads across Canada, the X-Men take the battle to a new front—the Spirit Realm!
    • Guest staring Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC 9/1/14, On-Sale 9/24/14

Looks like Northstar, Guardian, Vindicator and Sasquatch on the cover.
    Comments 88 Comments
      Le Messor -
      We've mentioned them in her presence.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      We've mentioned them in her presence.
      WHAT!?! Who DID that!?!?? And, WHY!?!???!!!
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      WHAT!?! Who DID that!?!?? And, WHY!?!???!!!
      It was the one-armed man.
      Phil -
      So, okay, like, nobody has told her about Volume 3 and Omega Flight (Volume 3.5?) yet, then? Are we going to, or just let her happily skip that?
      In their defense Volume 3 was labelled "All-New, All-Different" and Omega Flight was named specifically so. Neither were trying to be Byrne's Alpha Flight per se.
      Mantlo's run was, at least partly.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      In their defense Volume 3 was labelled "All-New, All-Different" and Omega Flight was named specifically so...
      And both were enjoyable, in their own way.

At least if you're me.

Which I am.
      Phil -
      If you're me, who am I?
      Le Messor -
      If I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together, you must be the walrus.
      Flightpath07 -
      Can he still be ambidextrous?
      Le Messor -
      Can he still be ambidextrous?
      Yes. You should see his feet.
      GingrBeard -
      I'm so excited that this is happening. I have a few questions questions:

Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family to get her daughter back? Where is her daughter now? Why did Mac take her back? Why is Guardians leaf upside down in this cover?
      Phil -
      Pass.
      Pass.
      Pass.
      Poor research; the kind that seems to have affected a lot of artists over the years.
      Tawmis -
      Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family?
      Ask yourself - why is Winter Soldier not in prison for murdering Nomad?
      Apparently if you're brain washed, you're not held liable for your actions, and free to go.

Where is her daughter now?
      I suspect that might have something to do with the big fight her and Mac had. Or at least, I hope it does.

Why did Mac take her back?
      Because she was brain washed, and was not herself.

Why is Guardian's leaf upside down in this cover?
      They're in the spirit world. Everything's backwards. Like looking in a mirror.
      Or something.

Those are my guesses! (Well except for the last one, I think Phil may be more correct than I am...)
      TSOG -
      Quote Originally Posted by GingrBeard View Post
      I'm so excited that this is happening. I have a few questions questions:

Why is Heather not in prison for murdering her family to get her daughter back? Where is her daughter now? Why did Mac take her back? Why is Guardians leaf upside down in this cover?
      Did Heather ever get her toes back?
      Phil -
      Pass.
      Le Messor -
      I'm hoping most of these questions will be explored later in 'World War Wendigo'. For now, nobody's told us.

~ Le Messor
      "2-10-11: eyes, fingers, toes!"
      ~ Gomez
      Phil -
      I'm guessing that none of it will be touched as it's all just too messy to go back to.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      I'm guessing that none of it will be touched as it's all just too messy to go back to.
      You are probably right, Phil.

Unfortunately, the lack of cleaning up the questions of the past, just adds more and more unwanted baggage to the characters. After the Alpha Flight One-Shot tried so hard to re-set the characters, Volume 4 came along and added more questions to the pile, more stuff that future writers will all but ignore.

That's tough for our beloved Alpha Flight heroes.
      Tawmis -
      Well I think the "fight" is going to come up. Otherwise, it seems like they would have written as "Mac took off to investigate and hasn't come back..." Why mention the fight if it's not to be touched on?
      Phil -
      To create drama if one of them were to die/appear to be dead, and as an even easier plot point; why Mac went off alone.
      Had there not been a fight Heather would have no doubt investigated with him.
      Which means Wolverine would never have realized Mac was missing, which would mean there was no storyline.
      Sometimes it's about working backwards when plotting.
      Tawmis -
      Now see, why wouldn't they have just gone with Heather saying, they've had a bad year and she's given up the super hero business. And go on to say that Mac hasn't returned in awhile, and then Wolverine says, "I think we need to go look for him, then." And Heather says, "Well I have given it up. I had a really rough year." Wolverine gives her the pep talk of, "You're a strong woman, and my healing factor is gone. I could really use you Heather." And Heather says, "Okay, let's do this then."

Seems like they could have gone a much simplier route than "We had a bad year" and "a bad fight" and "Mac might not come back."

That's just opening up questions that are begging to be answered; and if there's no intention of answering them, why not go a much simplier route?