• Amazing X-Men #11 Solicitation

Comicbook.com have an EXCLUSIVE preview of the September 2014 X-book solicitations which includes Amazing X-Men #11, guest starring Alpha Flight:

AMAZING X-MEN #11

CRAIG KYLE & CHRIS YOST (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    Part 4 (of 5) of World War Wendigo!
    • As the Wendigo threat spreads across Canada, the X-Men take the battle to a new front—the Spirit Realm!
    • Guest staring Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC 9/1/14, On-Sale 9/24/14

Looks like Northstar, Guardian, Vindicator and Sasquatch on the cover.
    Comments 88 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      Wow. Nice to have some Alphans on the cover!

But...what a horrible looking Sasquatch! And, is ti just me, or does that somehow look more like the Volume 2 Mac (Synth Mac)?
      Phil -
      I'd never heard of that site; I'll have to add it to my list!

I don't mind the Sasquatch; big and hairy and in action - I've definitely seen worse.

And while it looks like Mac & Heather have survived we all know covers can lie!
      Le Messor -
      It's like, half the team! That's cool...
      But I agree with FP that that isn't the best Sas. Not the worst either.
      Phil -
      The Spirit Realm part implies that Shaman or Talisman will play a big part; which would explain why Talisman was used in #8.
      Why do I get the feeling she'll be a sacrificial lamb... Where's Earthmover when you need him?
      Tawmis -
      I love the cover. Bummed not to see Puck and Talisman on the cover.
      Phil -
      I hope we get a Guest-Starring blurb/logo on it.
      Chris -
      Last time I recall seeing the Alpha Flight logo on a non Alpha Flight book was the cover of Wolverine 142.
      Flightpath07 -
      Phil; at this point, i doubt we will ever see Earthmover again. IMO, that's a shame. He is one of the loose plot ends that I'd really like to see get wrapped up.
      Tawmis -
      I'd like to see it wrapped up too...
      in a body bag...
      Phil -
      Yeah, I liked the concept of Earthmover. I'd just rather he died than Talisman or Shaman.
      And that's my assuming someone dies which stems from absolutely no evidence.
      Crackity Jones -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Yeah, I liked the concept of Earthmover. I'd just rather he died than Talisman or Shaman.
      And that's my assuming someone dies which stems from absolutely no evidence.
      It's KYost writing Alpha Flight.
      You have EVERY right to be slightly concerned.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
      It's KYost writing Alpha Flight.
      You have EVERY right to be slightly concerned.
      Not to mention his 'not spoiling who dies or anything' comment.
      Crackity Jones -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Not to mention his 'not spoiling who dies or anything' comment.
      What saves me from freaking out is: 1. I am just kind of happy that AF is in a book. Together. 2. Not sure how much worse it could be than what I'm reading right now with Mantlo's killing characters off and disappearing them, you know? 3. My guess is Mac will be the one to go. Since, isn't he always?
      STOP KILLING MY MAC. Bastids.
      Phil -
      There doesn't necessarily have to be a death.
      Kyle & Yost know their reputation and could well have been playing it up or leading us down a false path.
      Crackity Jones -
      There doesn't necessarily have to be a death.
      Kyle & Yost know their reputation and could well have been playing it up or leading us down a false path.
      Right. But since they are writing it, and known for crazy deaths, you have a right to be concerned and/or a right to be prepared/speculate in case it does happen.
      Le Messor -
      There doesn't necessarily have to be a death...
      Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
      ... you have a right to be concerned...
      I agree with both of you; it isn't yet carved in newsprint, and may not happen - but let's not act surprised if it does.
      In my country, we have a saying: 'Be alert but not alarmed'. I think it applies here.

~ Le Messor
      "I'm just... concerned, that's all."
      ~ The Kid, Princess Bride
      -K-M- -
      I think someone will be killed and they will run into them in the spirit world to fight the Wendigo. Hope not.
      Chris -
      Any chance Phil you can get an interview with Craig Kyle or Chris Yost in the next four months? The last interview we read was with Sam Humphries.
      Phil -
      I did reach out to them for one on the day that they were announced to be taking over the title but didn't get a reply unfortunately.
      Flightpath07 -
      Not sure how much worse it could be than what I'm reading right now with Mantlo's killing characters off and disappearing them, you know?
      Oh...I feel SO bad for you!

So, okay, like, nobody has told her about Volume 3 and Omega Flight (Volume 3.5?) yet, then? Are we going to, or just let her happily skip that?