• Marvel Solicitations For August 2014

Marvel have released their solicitations for comics released via the Direct and Digital Markets for the month of August 2014, including the following titles which include Alpha Flight related characters:-

AMAZING X-MEN #10
    Christopher Yost & Craig Kyle (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    World War Wendigo Part 3 (of 5)!
    • As the Wendigo virus runs rampant through Canada, one of the X-Men falls prey to the deadly plague!
    • Guest-starring Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC 7/21/14, On-Sale 8/13/14

X-MEN: ASGARDIAN WARS TPB (NEW PRINTING)
    Written by CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Penciled by PAUL SMITH & ARTHUR ADAMS
    Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
    The X-Men take on Loki, god of mischief! In the Arctic Circle, Alpha Flight and the X-Men discover a power that could save the world — but are they willing to pay the terrible price? Is Loki truly trying to give Earth a godly boon, or are his motives darker than the heroes dare dream? And when the X-Men incur Loki’s wrath, it’s the novice New Mutants who take the fall…and rise to Asgard! The X-Men ride to the rescue, but what if the New Mutants don’t want to go home? And as Storm falls under Loki’s sway, Magik is ensorcelled by the Enchantress, and Mirage has a fateful encounter with the Valkyrie, can even the mightiest mutants survive the magic of myth? Collecting X-MEN & ALPHA FLIGHT (1995) #1-2, NEW MUTANTS SPECIAL EDITION #1 and X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #9.
    248 PGS./Rated T …$29.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8872-8
    FOC 7/21/14, ON-SALE 9/10/14
    Comments 5 Comments
      Flightpath07 -
      Hm.
      rjsboy -
      I just sent a request to my comic shop to see if they will hold these for me. I already have the Asgardian Wars stories... both in their original comic form and a TPB edition, but its a GREAT story with INCREDIBLE art and more than worth the $29.99 cover price!
      Alphan East -
      I agree. Asgardian Wars is one of my all-time favourites. Arthur Adams is an artistic genius !!!
      Le Messor -
      Whenever people ask me what my favourite issue of a comic is, I can't answer; but I say for line art - these issues.

~ Le Messor
      "Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery."
      ~ Spike Milligan
      Phil -
      It's good to see confirmation on how long World War Wendigo is. 5 issues of AF guest-starring is a good thing.