• Amazing X-Men #8 Preview Art At CBR *UPDATED*

This week's X-Position at Comic Book Resources is an exit interview with Jason Aaron, the former writer of Amazing X-Men talking about his time on the X-Books.

The feature also includes some Ed McGuinness & Dexter Vines preview art from Amazing X-Men #8, the first part of World War Wendigo, written by Kyle & Yost.

Please note: There is a potential spoiler in one of these pages; straight after the jump.

*UPDATE MAY 7th*

And the colour versions have been previewed today:

New Creative Team! This June, fan-favorite X-writers Craig Kyle and Chris Yost join blockbuster artist Ed McGuinness for an all-new arc of Marvel mutant mayhem in AMAZING X-MEN #8! Though Nightcrawler has returned to them, there is no rest for the X-Men. A return trip to Canada leads Wolverine to a hairy situation as the search for a missing friend brings him face to face with a horde of bloodthirsty Wendigo! One Wendigo is enough to stop even the strongest heroes dead in their tracks. What hope to the X-Men have against an entire army? Even the combined strength of the X-Men and guest stars Alpha Flight may still not be enough to stop the coming assault! Don’t miss both teams prepare for battle as the pulse-pounding new ‘World War Wendigo’ arc kicks off this June in AMAZING X-MEN #8!
    Comments 9 Comments
      Le Messor -
      That's a beautifully-drawn Ororo. And a good horse, too.
      (So many artists do everything else very well, but then fall apart when it comes to animals.)

On the second page, is that

s
      p
      o
      i
      l
      e
      r
      ?
      Beast vs. Guardian?

Sure looks that way.

~ Le Messor
      Phil -
      I took it as being a Wendigo...
      Le Messor -
      That makes sense, too. Especially if this is the issue we've been talking about with all the Wendigos and 'members of Alpha Flight'.

Sorry, I'm tired right now, and I have a hard enough time keeping track of things at the best of times.
      Chris -
      Hmmm. Firestar is petting Thunder? Nice to see Thunder has a new home at the Jean Grey School. All kidding aside, Ed McGuinness does indeed draw a good horse.
      Phil -
      Updated today with the colour versions.
      Legerd -
      Well, this is some great news! This is the sort of thing I've been wanting Marvel to do with AF. Start easing the team into the consciousnesses of younger readers by having them guest star in an event story, and maybe they will pick up some new fans. Let's hope this works to get people interested in them again.
      Phil -
      There's a lettered preview at CBR: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21877
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      lol. that's actually kind of amusing.
      Flightpath07 -
      S
      P
      O
      I
      L
      I
      N
      G

For A Fight...

I have a problem with the very last page of this issue. Firestar is standing within a couple of feet of Iceman - seriously, wouldn't he be melting?!