• Kyle & Yost To Take Over Amazing X-Men *UPDATE*

Marvel.com have broken the news that the former New X-Men/X-Force writing team Craig Kyle & Christopher Yost are to take over Amazing X-Men starting with June's #8.

Chris Yost has confirmed to AF.net on twitter that Northstar will still be a part of the team and that he has a big part to play in the first arc:

Yost has had experience writing Jean-Paul before in 2010's X-Men: Hellbound limited series.

Also; the cover, by returning series artist Ed McGuinness, appears to feature some very Wendigo/Sasquatch-esque looking characters...

*UPDATE*

The June Solicits have been released today and Christopher Yost has confirmed on twitter that Alpha Flight will be in the issue.

AMAZING X-MEN #8
    CRAIG KYLE AND CHRIS YOST (W)
    ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    • Wolverine takes a trip back to Canada…
    • But when he discovers that an old friend is missing, his visit soon transforms into a hairy situation.
    • New writers Craig Kyle and Chris Yost!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

FOC 5/12/14, On-Sale 6/4/14
    AMAZING X-MEN #8
    Comments 27 Comments
      -K-M- -
      Noooooo I was digging this team
      -K-M- -
      If it's Wendigo or Sasquatches prepare for them to be jobbed out.
      Sypes -
      So I don't really know much about authors, but are we happy about this? Is Northstar going to be treated well?
      -K-M- -
      I think he will, Yost isn't bad but I really was liking the current direction of the book. This covers makes it seem either Wendigo or Sasquatch are going to job...rule of ninjas.
      Le Messor -
      Is Yost doing the current New Warriors?
      If so, I'm okay with this. I liked the old team, but these guys have done good things, I think.

~ Le Messor
      "Meditation is not what you think."
      Phil -
      Lets also remember that Kyle & Yost killed Diamond Lil over in X-Force.
      With Yost writing the Box eulogy issue in Nation X.
      -K-M- -
      Yeah Nation X was really well done, I just really like the current run and sad to see the talent change so quick
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      Lets also remember that Kyle & Yost killed Diamond Lil over in X-Force.
      With Yost writing the Box eulogy issue in Nation X.
      That is stated ambiguously. Since they were no really negative comments posted so far, does your "let's also remember" just add to those good comments, or is it meaning that there is another side to things?

IMHO, and that is all it is, killing off an Alpha Flight member doesn't tend to make me a fan. No matter how nice the eulogy may be, it doesn't make up for the loss.

D'Lil was a fun character, one I really enjoyed, and one I would gladly welcome back to AF; any day, any time. She fit in well.
      Phil -
      The June solicits don't appear to have anything other than this, possibly the Annual, so I haven't created a fresh article.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=51566

AMAZING X-MEN ANNUAL #1
      MONTY NERO (W) • SALVADOR LARROCA (A/C)
      • Storm and the Amazing X-Men go to Africa!
      • A death in Storm’s family sheds light on a new threat to the X-Men!
      40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

FOC 5/12/14, On-Sale 6/4/14
      AMAZING X-MEN ANNUAL #1
      Phil -
      So... I wonder if the 'old friend' will be Heather, perhaps...?
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      So... I wonder if the 'old friend' will be Heather, perhaps...?
      Based on the solicit, "When he discovers" , I'd say no. He already knows Heather is missing.
      Sypes -
      I think the "he" relates to Wolverine, so it could be a girl. But I sort of agree that Wolverine would already know Heather is missing. My guess is Northstar knows she is missing, so would likely have talked to Wolverine about it... at least you would think so. Maybe Mac is missing as he went looking for Heather?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
      My guess is Northstar knows she is missing, so would likely have talked to Wolverine about it...
      ... well, this is Northstar we're talking about...

~ Le Messor
      "Menu: A list of dishes which the restaurant has just run out of."
      Phil -
      Yeah, but previously Heather wasn't missing - she'd just left the team and run away from Mac, taking her daughter with her.

Now she could be missing as in disappeared from Claire.
      Le Messor -
      I thought she went missing when she ran away from Mac and the team, taking Claire with her (who is now also missing).
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I thought she went missing when she ran away from Mac and the team, taking Claire with her (who is now also missing).
      Technically, they are only missing from those who miss them, which would most likely be the rest of Alpha Flight. As far as we know, no heroes (super or otherwise) know where the two are, which is the way Heather wanted it. I'd call them more 'disappeared' than 'missing', I guess. Or just plain 'left'. Right?
      -K-M- -
      I'll pick it up for thr AF apperance
      rplass -
      Wow, it says Alpha Flight, not just Northstar. I wonder who from the Alpha Flight team will be there? I'm guessing Guardian, Snowbird, Shaman, Sasquatch and Marrina.
      Phil -
      No Aurora?
      Flightpath07 -
      What's the over/under on Flashback, Manikin, and Wyre?