• Marvel Solicitations For April 2014

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of April 2014 which feature the following books that include Alpha Flight related characters:

DEADPOOL #27
    GERRY DUGGAN, BRIAN POSEHN, FABIAN NICIEZA, MARK WAID,
    JOE KELLY, CHRISTOPHER PRIEST, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, FRANK TIERI,
    GAIL SIMONE, DANIEL WAY, VICTOR GISCHLER (W)
    MIKE HAWTHORNE, SCOTT KOBLISH & MANY MORE (A)
    Cover by SCOTT KOBLISH
    VARIANT Cover by MARK BROOKS
    Taco Time Variant by Matthew Waite
    ISSUE #27 Anniversary Variant by Art Adams
    • That’s right—the day you never dreamed would come has finally arrived…Deadpool is getting MARRIED!
    • First up in this ENORMOUSLY OVERSIZED ISSUE is our the main feature—the biggest wedding since that one guy married that other guy as Deadpool and his mysterious bride tie the knot in a tale by Gerry Duggan, Brian Posehn, & Mike Hawthorne!
    • THEN, we’ve rounded up EVERY writer to ever pen Wade’s series to celebrate this magical occasion! No self- respecting Poolophile can miss this one!
    • It’s the most important issue 27 in the history of comics!
    100 PGS./Parental Advisory …$9.99
    FOC 3/17/14, On- Sale 4/9/14
    ALPHAN APPEARANCE - ALPHA FLIGHT ON REGULAR COVER

NIGHTCRAWLER #1
    CHRIS CLAREMONT (W) • TODD NAUCK (A)
    Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE
    Artist Variant by Humberto Ramos
    Animal Variant by TBA
    NIGHTCRAWLER IS BACK!
    Newly-returned from the afterlife, veteran X- Man Kurt Wagner finds himself in a world that’s a far cry from the one he left: Professor Xavier is dead, Cyclops is on the run, and the X-Men are divided. But determined not to let his new lease on life go to waste, Nightcrawler hits the road alongside Wolverine, eager to right some wrongs and safeguard the future mutantkind…and he’s going to do it by the means he loves most: swashbuckling, lady-charming and — of course — BAMFing!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99
    FOC 3/17/14, On- Sale 4/9/14
    ALPHAN APPEARANCE - PUCK ON REGULAR COVER

AMAZING X- MEN #6
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    CAPTAIN AMERICA VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
    • Nightcrawler is back at the Jean Grey School!
    • But when Mystique comes calling, he may be returning to the afterlife very soon.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    FOC 3/24/14, ON- SALE 4/16/14
    ALPHAN APPEARANCE - NORTHSTAR (PRESUMING)
    Comments 39 Comments
      rplass -
      I'm going to guess that the giant poster by Mike Deodato may have at least one Alpha Flight member.

MARVEL 75TH ANNIVERSARY BY DEODATO OVERSIZED POSTERCelebrate 75 Amazing, Uncanny, and Mighty years of Marvel Comics with this oversized panoramic poster by superstar artist Mike Deodato! Featured on DK Publishing’s upcoming Marvel Encyclopedia Updated and Expanded 3rd Edition (featuring 32 pages of brand-new content), this senses-shattering poster brings your favorite Marvel heroes and villains to gorgeous life on a deluxe vinyl poster sheet worthy of Avengers Tower!
      FOC 3/17/14, On-Sale 4/9/14-60 X 25… $34.99
      5960607479-43411
      The solicit mentions the DK Marvel Encyclopedia, which has already had 2 editions and deluxe version, with a mismatched image for Puck that wasn't corrected in the 2nd edition. I don't have a good opinion of that book because of the bizarre uncorrected error. Wondering if it were corrected for this third edition. Here's a link to what is probably the front cover:

http://westfieldcomics.com/comic-books/Marvel-Encyclopedia-75th-Anniversary-Edition-HC/13120454

It's due out in March 2014 and will certainly contain entries for Alpha Flight members.

The poster style looks like good guys going across the top row and bad guys and former bad guys on the bottom row. I think there are far more heroes than villains so I'm not sure how it balances out. The book cover shown has 7 heroes across, so extrapolating out, it will be 6 times as wide as that image for a total of 42 good guys and 42 bad guys. Will Northstar make it into the top 42? Will any Alpha Flight villians? Maybe the Encyclopedia will come with a copy of the poster, too. Well that's my guess.
      Le Messor -
      I was given that Encyclopaedia for Christmas. fwiw.

~ Le Messor
      "Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save."
      ~ Will Rogers
      rplass -
      which version do you have? I got me a deluxe!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Marvel-E...item338947dd0c

Attachment 3356

I didn't pay $350 for mine natch

It's a deluxe of the 1st edition actually.
      Le Messor -
      I have Marvel's 70th Anniversary edition:

Attachment 3357

Its Alpha Flight is based around v3.

~ Le Messor
      "Parents learn a lot from their children about coping with life."
      ~ Muriel Spark
      rplass -
      Well my guess was wrong. The poster was revealed today in Previews and ain't no Northstar. Oh, well.

But! Northstar will be appear in the original graphic novel, "No More Humans". You can see him in the preview art but he's very tiny so I won't scan it.

Attachment 3371X-MEN: NO MORE HUMANS OGN-HC
      Written by MIKE CAREY
      Penciled by SALVADOR LARROCA
      Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
      The X-Men awaken to find all the world’s humans gone. From normal everyday folks to the Avengers and Fantastic Four, all homo sapiens have disappeared. It’s up to the disparate sides of the X-Men to come together, get to the bottom of this mystery and find a way to get the humans back. But do all of the mutants want their human brethren to return? From best-selling author and classic X-MEN scribe MIKE CAREY and superstar artist SALVADOR LARROCA comes the first X-MEN OGN since the classic X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS.
      128 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
      Le Messor -
      Wow, it HAS been a long time.

Sounds like an interesting idea for a story.

~ Le Messor
      "Massachusetts has the best politicians money can buy."
      Phil -
      Nice one! I was hoping that Carey would include him.
      rplass -
      Ah, you can see Northstar at 0:28 in the new video trailer thingy for No More Humans:

http://video.comicbookresources.com/...railer-debuts/

It's the same image as was shown in the Previews magazine, but colored.
      Phil -
      Good spotting Rob!

Attachment 3381
      Phil -
      Apart from the Amazing X-Men TPB there doesn't seem to be any Alphan Appearances in May, so no Solicits Article this month!
      Le Messor -
      Northstar's not in Amazing again?
      Phil -
      There's a chance he might be, but it's a oneshot issue by a Guest Writer focusing on Firestar, Iceman & Spider-Man so I'm not holding out hope.
      Plus, I think Aaron said at some point that the team isn't a fixed one and with the first arc being #1-5 JP might not appear in the book after that.
      Flightpath07 -
      JP might not appear in the book after that.
      Yeah, but, he's really fast. Surely he can be in all of Marvel's books at the same time? At least for a (blurry) panel or two?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      Yeah, but, he's really fast. Surely he can be in all of Marvel's books at the same time? At least for a (blurry) panel or two?
      I think you need to have adamantium claws to do that. Maybe webshooters.
      Either way, it's in the arms.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I think you need to have adamantium claws to do that. Maybe webshooters.
      Either way, it's in the arms.
      lol - too true!
      rplass -
      YESH! That Deadpool wedding cover is being released as a full sized poster! Another Alpha Flight poster to put up on my wall. Maybe this one will go on the ceiling.
      Phil -
      http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/958

• Amazing X-Men #6 (FEB140808, $3.99) will have art by Cameron Stewart, not Ed McGuinness.
      rplass -
      And Puck is in Deadpool #27, not just on the cover!

Marvel released an image today:

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/3...ing_this_april

Attachment 3411

Check out the upper left panel.
      Phil -
      If there's a Bachelor Party the Puckster is there!
      Flightpath07 -
      That panel has a whole lot of wtf going on.