• Puck To Stay With The X-Men?

Marvel.com have an interview with Chris Claremont and Todd Nauck announcing the new Nightcrawler series that launches in April 2014, spinning out of Amazing X-Men, and the cover to #1 by Chris Samnee features a certain diminutive non-mutant...

Puck's future whereabouts were a mystery after the news of the end of Uncanny X-Force so this implies that he'll be staying on an X-team for the foreseeable future.

Marvel's April solicitations should be online soon so maybe we'll find out more then.
    Comments 18 Comments
      Chris -
      Cool. Looks like Rogue got better really quick.
      Flightpath07 -
      Um...at the bottom of that image, it says X-Men Legacy # 1. The way it was written made it sound like a solo Nightcrawler series launching in 2014. Unless Kurt is changing his name to Legacy, I'm thinking not, although he is prominently featured on the cover; that being said, the classic AF # 1 cover with the "stand aside heroes" montage of characters on it, all the others heroes featured on that cover did not go on to star in the book.

I see the word "implies" was used, so I'll not go on with what i was saying, as the point becomes moot. Just saying that having Puck appear on the cover, doesn't even mean he appears within the pages at all, let alone mean that he is still on an X-team somewhere. We'll see when the solicits come out, I guess.
      Phil -
      If you read the interview it says it was originally going to be the next volume of X-Men Legacy starring Nightcrawler, like the current volume stars Legion, but they decided to brand the ongoing as Nightcrawler instead, after the image went to press.

And yes, all implication and possibility.
      Le Messor -
      Either way, I still think a new Claremont X-Men has potential.

~ Le Messor
      "Many people quit looking for work when they find a job."
      Flightpath07 -
      If you read the interview
      But then nobody would be able to correct me!

Wait; there was an interview?

Wait; i have to be able to READ?!

lol
      Phil -
      That reads harsher than I meant it; apologies.

I just meant that in the interview it explains it.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      That reads harsher than I meant it; apologies.

I just meant that in the interview it explains it.
      I didn't think it sounded harsh, nor did i take it as such, so no worries.
      Le Messor -
      The worst part is, I never learned to read! [ / Wayne]
      Chris -
      I attended the Great Lakes Comic Con next to Detroit over the weekend and chatted with Chris Claremont. I asked him if Puck was going to be in Nightcrawler #1 since he's on the cover. Chris replied that he had not seen the cover yet and Puck is definitely not in issue 1. Whether Puck will be in future issues, don't know.
      Flightpath07 -
      Just goes to show, you can't tell a book by its cover.

Heck, remember all the great heroes we all thought were going to be appearing in Alpha Flight Volume 1 Issue 1 when we first saw the cover? We had some great heroes, but they were all Flight.
      Le Messor -
      If you can't judge a book by its cover, the cover artist isn't doing their job.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      I won't disagree with you.

So, if you (or me) were in charge, a lot of cover artists would be out of work.
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
      So, if you (or me) were in charge, a lot of cover artists would be out of work.
      No - they'd just be held to greater standards. And expected to draw from the interior (which, I imagine, a lot of them want to do).
      Phil -
      Nicely done Chris.
      A cover appearance is better than nothing I suppose.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      The issue is that due to the way the Diamond Ordering system works, and fans' need to know information and solicitations so far in advance a lot of the time covers have to be drawn before the issue is even plotted out.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      The issue is that due to the way the Diamond Ordering system works, and fans' need to know information and solicitations so far in advance a lot of the time covers have to be drawn before the issue is even plotted out.
      I see what you are saying and don't disagree...except with the "need to know" part. Personally, I was always happiest not knowing anything about my comic issues until I picked them up off of the spinner rack!
      Phil -
      I'd be happy to, to an extent.
      I probably wouldn't be on this site much because of it, and would end up wasting money on stuff I hated and missing stuff I love though, so there are pluses and minuses.

And just to clarify when I say "fans" I do mean the majority of online vocal fans, not everyone.
      Le Messor -
      Well, there's knowing and there's knowing.

I'd like to know enough to decide if something's gonna be worth reading (people say you can't judge something you haven't read / seen / whatevered; but unless you have the time to read, watch, whatever everything, you absolutely have to make that prejudgement). I'd also like to not know so much that I'm spoilered.

I'd love to not be lied to by the publicity.
      I'd also generally prefer the cover artist for comics to be the interior artist; otherwise, they kind of are lying to me. (Hey, fans, look - we've got Alex Ross! ... but the interior's Jim Krueger.) That can work both ways. I loathed the cover to Superboy #1 (last series pre-52), but loved the interior art enough to buy it based on that. If somebody hadn't got me to flip through it, I'd not have got the series.

~ Le Messor
      "Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself, but talent instantly recognizes genius."
      ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle