• Wolverine Vs Sabretooth DVD Released

Marvel have today released a Wolverine Vs Sabretooth DVD through their Marvel Knights Animation line, based upon the Storyline by Jeph Loeb and Simone Bianchi in Wolverine (Volume 2) #50-55, which featured Wild Child and guest starred Sasquatch.

The animation is taken straight from the pages of the comic itself in a motion-comic style.

Comic Book Resources have an interview with Loeb and a trailer for the DVD.
    Comments 10 Comments
      Phil -
      Just to cover bases: this isn't out in the UK yet so I can't confirm Wild Child & Sasquatch are in it, but Wild Child was a big part of it and based upon the other MK DVD's they tend to follow the storyline pretty tightly.

EDIT: A review on Amazon indicates they are on it.
      Le Messor -
      It sounds a lot like a motion-comic, so I would expect the Alphans to be on it.

~ Le Messor
      "Many people think that history is a dull subject. Dull? Is it "dull" that Jesse James once got bitten on the forehead by an ant, and at first it didn't seem like anything, but then the bite got worse and worse, so he went to a doctor in town, and the secretary told him to wait, so he sat down and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and then finally he got to see the doctor, and the doctor put some salve on it? You call that dull?"
      ~ Jack Handey
      Phil -
      Yeah, it is just a motion-comic, I just wondered if they'd cut out all the non Sabretooth bits for length.
      Le Messor -
      This is the Romulus lupine-mutants storyline, isn't it?
      Phil -
      Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup....
      Le Messor -
      That's what I thought.

~ Le Messor
      "The camera is an instrument that teaches people to see without a camera."
      ~ Dorothea Lange
      Phil -
      My copy finally crossed over the ocean and landed today.

There are some new panels of artwork including Wild Child stood commanding a tank, and some wider full panels that were previously cropped in the comics.
      The voice acting for Sas and Wild Child isn't bad.
      There are a few lines dropped from the storyline, such as the bit about Sas & Wild Child's past friendship, but the 'loser off of Alpha Flight and Omega Flight' bit stayed in, as do the characters names.

The credits for the episodes list Cloak, Dagger & Remus are in it which suggests that Sabretooth Reborn is also on the disc, but it's just the Evolution storyline from #50-55, unless there are some easter-egg episodes.

(EDIT: The DVD extra with Loeb & Bianchi has brief scenes taken from SR so I'm guessing there'll be a sequel DVD. Whether the still panels with Sasquatch & Wild Child appear in that is a different story, but I probably won't pick it up.)

It's... alright all in all, pretty much what I expected. I personally really dislike the motion-comic animation, but it's kinda nice seeing the Alphans brought to life.
      Le Messor -
      I've only got one motion comic: the first part of Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. I really like it; it's more of an actual animated movie than I expected it to be.
      I thought it'd be comics panels with some token movement, but they've gone all out; it's truly animated.

How does this one compare? Hard to say off my brief description, I know, but any ideas?

~ Le Messor
      "A committee is a body that keeps minutes and wastes hours."
      ~ W.G.P.
      Phil -
      It's the same.
      Le Messor -
      Cool!