• Marvel Solicitations For March 2014

Marvel have released their solicitations for the month of March 2014 which feature the following books that include Alpha Flight related characters:

AMAZING X-MEN #5
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
    • Nightcrawler and his pirate band of X-Men take on Azazel and his hellish hordes!
    • One of the X-Men must make the ultimate sacrifice!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

X-MEN LEGACY #300
    MIKE CAREY, CHRISTOS GAGE & SIMON SPURRIER (W)
    CLAY MANN & TAN ENG HUAT (A)
    Cover by CLAY MANN
    • In observance of the title’s 300th issue, iconic X-MEN: LEGACY writers Mike Carey, Christos Gage and Simon Spurrier return to tell an all-new tale of the X-Men!
    • Mike Carey brings us a story featuring Professor Xavi—oh wait, he’s dead.
    • Well, Christos Gage has penned a tale involving Rog—nope. She’s dead too.
    • And Simon! There’s Simon Spurrier with a story led by Legion, who—oops. Can’t spoil the ending of X-MEN: LEGACY #24.
    • Well...erm…just read it!
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

UNCANNY X-FORCE VOL. 3: THE GREAT CORRUPTION TPB
    Written by SAM HUMPHRIES & DENNIS HOPELESS
    Penciled by PHIL BRIONES, ANGEL UNZUETA & HARVEY TOLIBAO
    Cover by Kris Anka
    X-Force must battle their fiercest enemies yet as the truth about the revenant Owl Queen is revealed — and she’s one of the X-Men’s greatest foes! As Storm plays her trump card, the Queen and her army rampage through Los Angeles. What sacrifice will one X-Force member make to stop them? Then, classic X-Force villain Stryfe has returned! And he’s eager to exact revenge on Cable! Meanwhile, Hope comes face-to-face with Bishop, the man who crusaded across centuries to exterminate her. But this time she’s ready to retaliate, and they’ll hold nothing back as they race to destroy one another. Don’t miss this no-holds-barred, knock-down, drag-out X-Force event starring Cable’s squad, and Psylocke and Storm’s uncanny team! Because when the dust settles, only one X-Force will be left standing! Collecting UNCANNY X-FORCE (2013) #13-17 and CABLE AND X-FORCE #18-19.
    160 PGS./Parental Advisory …$19.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8985-5
    Comments 18 Comments
      TSOG -
      Again with the "ultimate sacrifice".
      rplass -
      Why is X-Men Legacy #300 listed? Because cry-baby Pointer is on the cover?
      Phil -
      Yah.
      Phil -
      Quote Originally Posted by TSOG View Post
      Again with the "ultimate sacrifice".
      I'm guessing the sacrifice is that Nightcrawler gives up Heaven to save his friends.
      rplass -
      That doesn't sound so ultimate to me! That's like nigh-ultimate.
      Le Messor -
      Penultimate?
      Postultimate?
      Flightpath07 -
      Nulltimate.
      marvelnowfansite -
      I love the fact that some of my favorite Alpha Flight mutants are being used in some of the X-titles. Northstar and Puck are unique characters that should have homes in a monthly title. Even if it isn't in the pages of a Marvel NOW Alpha Flight series.
      Flightpath07 -
      Hands up, everyone who votes that Marvel create a "Marvel THEN" splinter company, and make comics the way they used to.

Just sayin'...
      Phil -
      I wouldn't be surprised if they do a line or mini-series based on that exact premise at some point.
      Flightpath07 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
      I wouldn't be surprised if they do a line or mini-series based on that exact premise at some point.
      "Hello? John Byrne?..."

*click*
      Le Messor -
      Except they'd make them for a modern audience...
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by marvelnowfansite View Post
      I love the fact that some of my favorite Alpha Flight mutants are being used in some of the X-titles. Northstar and Puck ...
      Um... see a controversy on another thread, but note: Puck's not a mutant.
      Phil -
      Pointer is definitely in #300:

http://www.newsarama.com/20177-marve...t-present.html

Christos Gage wrote X-Men Legacy for sixteen issues in 2012, and is using this opportunity to follow-up on two characters from his run who haven’t been seen much since he left: Mimic and Omega.
      “When we last saw Omega, he was in a coma due to an overload of his powers,” Gage reveals. “But in my last issue, #275, Mimic told Rogue that he was improving and on the verge of recovering, and he asked her thoughts on what they should do - remain with the X-Men and try to be superheroes, or something else. We're going to check in on them and see what they chose, and what they're doing now,”
      Flightpath07 -
      Pointer is definitely in #300[/url]
      X-(
      Le Messor -
      Interesting - Mimic, Rogue, Pointer - all power absorbers. Does that have something to do with the plot at hand?

~ Le Messor
      "Mathematicians stand on each other's shoulders, Computer Scientists stand on each other's toes."
      Phil -
      Yeah, that was a theme that carried through #264, #265 and #275 (though he wasn't actually in #275, just talked about and on the Variant)
      Le Messor -
      Okay. That adds up.