• Preview Art For Amazing X-Men #2 Featuring Northstar

Our favorite pointy-eared speedster Northstar shows up in preview art over at comicbookresources.com. An interior page by Ed McGuinness shows Northstar wielding a sword and with speed trails behind him, something not usually seen and not usually executed well.

Nice pointy ears you got there!

Issue #1 goes on sale November 6th, 2013 and issue #2, which is the issue this preview page is from, goes on sale December 4th.
    Comments 8 Comments
      Sypes -
      I prefer the drawing style MUCH better than Astonishing X-Men! He looks more like Northstar now.
      rplass -
      Oh, I liked the Astonishing art too, but that was a different tone, different theme... It seemed suitable for the material.

As does this art! (seems suitable for the material, I mean) I'm really liking the hell out of this preview image and very psyched to see the rest of the issue! That ricochet action is just perfect.

EDIT: Todays Previews Magazine has this same preview image but pencils only, along with another preview page with Northstar but he's too tiny to scan.
      Phil -
      Yeah, I liked Perkins and Walta's art on Astonishing. The fill-ins on the X-Termination storyline, not so much.

I wasn't sure what to expect from McGuinness' Northstar but it's definitely a great rendition. He's come a long way from his Sasquatch in Deadpool #1.
      -K-M- -
      haha they weren't kidding when they said they were going to make Northstar akin to Peter Pan
      GingrBeard -
      Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
      haha they weren't kidding when they said they were going to make Northstar akin to Peter Pan
      Truly. I was skeptical at first, but I actually enjoy it quite a bit. Maybe I'm just happy that the ex-Alpha Flight member was not dropped into comic book limbo following the end of Astonishing X-Men.
      Phil -
      A Northstar-less preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=19231
      Phil -
      I really liked #2 - JP was the right amount of arrogant and snarky, and his reaction to Azazel was great too; especially considering he was on the Austen era team (although didn't face him).