• Flashback Fridays - August 2nd 2013 Edition

Welcome to another edition of Flashback Fridays, the column where we take a trip back in time through the chart-topping highs and murky depths of Alpha-lore. Without further ado here's this week's panel(s)...

Taken from Alpha Flight (Vol.1) #28 this panel marks John Byrne's final issue on the title and although he would later draw a few covers and the packaging for the Alpha Flight figure line, the final time he would write and draw Alpha Flight sequentially.

If you've got a panel/page of an Alpha Appearance you'd like featured in a future edition of Flashback Fridays PM or e-mail me with either a .jpg or title/issue/page/panel number of your choice. You don't have to give a reason and you can remain anonymous if you wish.
    Comments 9 Comments
      Mokole -
      And after that hit, Sasquatch worried that if he phased out of Box, the injury of his mechanoid might be his injury too and he'd die; then Jeffries fixed it. Hooray!!
      Le Messor -
      Bittersweet. Cool panel, but Alpha was never the same after...
      after3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      Bittersweet. Cool panel, but Alpha was never the same after...

my thoughts exactly.=D>
      DIGGER -
      The thing I really hated was when Mignola drew Box as hollow in the next issue. Just because Bochs/Langkowski could phase into the Box robot shouldn't mean that there is no circuitry or "guts" on the inside.
      Le Messor -
      I noticed that! Never made sense, but I don't think I thought about it. ~ Le Messor "Let he who takes the plunge remember to return it by Tuesday."
      after3 -
      whats Roger Bochs's current standing in the Marvel U?
      Le Messor -
      He's never stood, you insensi--
      Sorry, bad joke. Isn't he still dead?

~ Le Messor
      "The only people who seem to have nothing to do with the education of the children are the parents."
      ~ G.K. Chesterton
      after3 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
      He's never stood, you insensi--
      Sorry, bad joke. Isn't he still dead?

~ Le Messor
      "The only people who seem to have nothing to do with the education of the children are the parents."
      ~ G.K. Chesterton
      BOX's DEATH! I think that moment calls for another friday flashback. (phil, you know what to do) also Le Messor nothing youve said is half as offensive as the writers were; didn't they openly refer to the man as a 'legless cripple', and 'Half a man'?
      Le Messor -
      Quote Originally Posted by after3 View Post
      nothing youve said is half as offensive as the writers were; didn't they openly refer to the man as a 'legless cripple', and 'Half a man'?
      Oh... yeah... blocking! Blocking!